• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey ^_^.

Emor

My name's Emor/Emma(I prefer Emor really, but if you prefer Emma then that's cool)(I basically decided I didn't like Emma and insisted everyone call me Emor one day, LOL), and have Asperger's Syndrome.
I'm 14 years old, and I know most people, if not all people are older than me on here and most forums for people with AS, but the truth is I only know of one site for teenagers with Asperger's, and I can't really go on that because me and the owner have some personal issues. I suppose I should mention now I have problems telling what is relevant and what isn't and have a terrible tendency to ramble on :). LOL.
I was diagnosed when I was 11 with the disorder.
I don't know really what else to say really. My special interests are mainly psychology and computers. I have a few other minor ones like sociology, philosophy, insects- more specifically their reproductive systems and the origins of stigmas(which I suppose relates to sociology a bit)(i.e sexuality, hair colours, weight, etc.) in addition to a few others.
Nice to meet you all ^_^.
EMZ=]

My name's Emor/Emma(I prefer Emor really, but if you prefer Emma then that's cool)(I basically decided I didn't like Emma and insisted everyone call me Emor one day, LOL), and have Asperger's Syndrome.
I'm 14 years old, and I know most people, if not all people are older than me on here and most forums for people with AS, but the truth is I only know of one site for teenagers with Asperger's, and I can't really go on that because me and the owner have some personal issues. I suppose I should mention now I have problems telling what is relevant and what isn't and have a terrible tendency to ramble on :). LOL.
I was diagnosed when I was 11 with the disorder.
I don't know really what else to say really. My special interests are mainly psychology and computers. I have a few other minor ones like sociology, philosophy, insects- more specifically their reproductive systems and the origins of stigmas(which I suppose relates to sociology a bit)(i.e sexuality, hair colours, weight, etc.) in addition to a few others.
Nice to meet you all ^_^.
EMZ=]
Hi Emor, welcome to the forum. Is Emor still pronounced like Emma? Don't worry about your age, me and Chris are only 17. I never know what's relevent either, and if you've seen my blog or my videos you'll know I ramble a lot and get easily distracted! I'm going to be taking psychology at sixth form in September :)

Nice to meet you too,

Willow

Welcome to the forums, Emor! Don't worry about being 14, we intend this to be the friendliest AS forum possible, i've seen a few others where people can be quite bitter! I also have an interest in computers, been using them since i was 3, they're my thing! :) Going to be studying psychology and sociology next year also.

When I used to make YouTube videos regularly I had to speak really fast and record them a couple of times because I'd always ramble on about something irrelevant, LOL. And most of my blog posts are over a 1,000 words and around 75% of it isn't about what I wanted to talk about(it got to the point where I stopped making titles about the subject because it never was, LOL).
I have an interest in computers, but I think it's only because I use them so much. It's not really the same as all the other subjects where I deliberately try and learn new stuff, but with computers it's more I've learned stuff by simply stumbling upon them, or getting caught up on Wikipedia when only trying to find out about one thing(I only found out about the hardware stuff because I didn't know what RAM was and then going through all the components xD).
It's cool you're(you're referring to both Chris and Willow) going to be studying psychology and sociology(just Chris, evidently). I'm currently in the process of making a very elaborate mind-map of subjects I've read into which are interesting(regarding Psychology) if either of you want a screenshot. It's no where near complete though.
TBH, if anything, I think I've actually gone off-topic more as I've got older(at CoconutDrum).
Yeah, post is a bit all over the place but yeah ^_^.
EMZ=]

Lol Emor. Me and Willow are both studying Law, Psychology, Sociology and Business next year, she forgot to mention it... she noticed after she posted but she's been meaning to get in the bath for about an hour (its already run) and didnt bother editing it! (I'm sure she'll thank me for telling you all that).

Well, my dad owns a computer shop, so i guess most of my knowledge in relation to computers is down to just growing up with them (I've had a computer in my room as long as i can remember).

Sure i'd be interested to see what subjects you're considering. :)

Oh, right xD. Cool :p. Do you either of you have any background knowledge in Sociology? I recently bought a book called, 'A Graphic Guide To Sociology' and it's around 100 pages or so and gives a basic overview of the history and manifestation of Sociology as such. It's very interesting really. I recommend it ^_^(the name can be a bit deceptive, imo, it sounds like it isn't very creditable... LOL).
It's weird 'cause my family didn't actually get a computer until I was around 7(which is pretty late relative to most people in my school year), and an internet connection only when I was around 9(and even then it was dial-up). I think I just used it so much because it had a lot of information about ants(I was _obsessed_ with ants when I was younger).
Basically, what I'm doing is creating a giant mind-map of all my special interests and the sub-subjects(as such) in those that I'm interested in, and then once I've done that I'm going to type up an article about them and eventually I'll have several 100 articles, and then I'll just make a site or w.e :D.
This is the Psychology/Psychiatry branch up to now(basically just Psychology stuff right now, I don't know why I really called it a Psychology/Psychiatry branch because I know nothing about medicine). Its obviously incomplete, but in my defence, I'm very lazy :D.
http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/Emor01/Screenshot2010-01-18at013913.png
There's some interesting subjects there. I've only done the DSM branch, which ironically, has very little to do with diagnostics, so I doubt you'd get any practical uses out of it considering European psychologists/psychiatrists(psychiatrists esp.) tend to use the ICD instead. I just prefer the DSM 'cause I didn't bother researching into the ICD and everyone always cites the DSM.
It does raise a few interesting questions about diagnostics when you look through the history though.
But yeah :p.
Also, Willow, Emor's pronounced like, e-more. It's actually Hebrew for Speak according to my friend Blitz, but I just randomly came up with it when I was 11 and decided that's what everyone online was going to call me(though not everyone does now).
EMZ=]

Thats pretty impressive Emor, i find it hard to maintain an interest in a lot of academic subjects in my free time since theyre not my core interests - Music, computers, that kind of thing i can read forever about. Neither of us have much of a background knowledge in sociology, what we know if very minimalistic! :p I guess i should probably read up at some point prior to starting the A level course - might check out the book you referenced. :)

You'll be one hell of a brainbox by the time you're done with all this Emor!

I find psychology extremely interesting for some reason. Before holidays I download hundreds of articles(when we goto Ireland anyway 'cause there's no interwebs) about a random disorder and I'd not really get bored reading them xD. I think everyone probably was a bit of an interest in people who have abnormalities and who they can't really understand(imo anyway, based the way people act around people with disabilities or w.e), but I don't think they're interested in the more 'trivial' things such as the statistics and stuff(as opposed to me who is xD).
Yep :p. I've not even finished the mind map yet though so it's going to take a while until I actually start writing the articles, and considering there's going to be several hundred most likely, it's going to take a very long time xD.
EMZ=]

Ah well, keeping busy is never a bad thing, especially when it furthers your education. :)

I have a fascination with psychology, even though i haven't read up on any of it yet, which is why i'm looking so forward to studying it next year. I'd say it was my priority choice. In the meantime, i always consider certain ways the head works sometimes in free time, i wonder if any of my theories are right. How do you do at school, Emor? You're clearly intelligent, do you still find the time for all the extra reading and so-on that you've mentioned?

Well I'm only doing GCSEs so it's not like it's very time consuming. My results are all over the place in most subjects. Sometimes I'll get an A* on my coursework, and sometimes I'll get a D. The only consistent results I've got have been Science and Maths where it's been all As or A*s(though it's pretty early into the year), but with Maths it's different and confusing, but I basically get top of the class. Oh, and also ICT, but it's pathetically easy to get an A* in ICT.
With other subjects I tend to loose marks more on principle, especially RE. With RE I tend to be critical of the actual question and spend more time writing down why it's a stupid question rather than actually attempting to answer(and even when I do, my views get you no marks on a Catholic RE curriculum >_<).
TBH, I generally get Bs, As and A*s, but a lot of it depends how I feel and if I feel motivated or not. I do terribly in French because I thought it wasn't a compulsory GCSE, so I just didn't listen during the lessons because I had no interest in learning French, and now I'm estimated to get a D XD. I don't know if I'd have gotten far if I had tried though, I have an incredibly good memory(well, it's kind of unpredictable), but I'm terrible with language. I have enough problems understanding English, LOL.
EMZ=]

I guess so, I found GCSE's fairly easy - have to say out of sheer laziness i didn't do any revision whatsoever for them and still got 3 A's, 6 B's. I hated RE, i didn't sit the GCSE exam since i did poorly in the mocks, for the same reasons you have trouble with it. I have a good memory with everything other than language, also. I got a D in French, though i'm fairly sure that was due to being in a pretty disruptive set.

I get away with saying stuff you usually wouldn't get away with in any other class, which is cool I suppose...
I don't really like revising because I just find it really boring, and I still seem to get away with it.
It sucks though that some people can do basically no revision or preparation and get full marks, and then others spend weeks revising and get a D. :/.
If GCSEs marked people on their effort, I think things would be inverted really.
I can remember French stuff, but it's pretty useless the way I remember it(I just spend 30 minutes looking at a French sheet and then sort of remember everything on it, but it's pretty useless for any practical tests other than oral ones). I've not remembered any of the vocabulary though, or at least very little. I probably only know around 150 words of French, LOL.
EMZ=]

All my views are based upon science, maths and logic.
Willow shares my views. :):cool:

Thanks Aspie_Dude ^_^. I read your welcome thread and the coat one seems quite unique :p.
Yeah. I was actually reading an article in a magazine I bought about ethics and how we most likely have genetically embedded morals(in certain situations we can't have such giant academic philosophical debate and need to think fast) on basic things.
I didn't really summarise that very well but yeah xD. I'll try and find the article if you want.
EMZ=]

I can't find it right now. I assumed it was in the stack of magazines in my room, but I think it's actually in the one in the loft. I'll go up tomorrow and see if I can find it :p.
EMZ=]

Haha oki doki, no worries. :) Think i'm gonna head off to bed now anyway, bye.

Just gotta speak up on this one. From my point of view, taking the extreme view is the wrong one. Just wanted to say that. I guess I'm always on the middle things. And I have common sense, so that's it. I'll save anything further for a thread in the general discussion.

New Threads

Top Bottom