• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Help with Chrome navigator on Android

Atrapa Almas

70% INTJ + 30% ASPIE = 100% HUMAN
V.I.P Member
Hello, today my android chrome navigator decided to add shorcuts from my historical searchs:

IMG_20230119_130215.jpg

As I dont like it, I manually deleted them. But when I enter again in the chrome app, it restores a new set of 4 shorcuts...

IMG_20230119_130126.jpg

Do any of you knows how to get rid of this "new automatic unwanted feature"?

Thanks in advance.

With those links and behavior, it might be the google chrome popup virus on android. You might want to approach it from that direction rather than assume it's a legitimate feature of Google.

Although at times it may be difficult to tell the two apart in terms of what really constitutes malware. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I suspect most of this audience no longer even uses Google's search engine/browser for the same reason.

We don't like our privacy flagrantly violated. Legitimately or not...

Last edited:
Thank you,

I just unistalled my last downloaded app (from G Store), re initiated, also downloaded Karspesky antivirus that found nothing.

You might move onto attempting to block those popups using the browser itself. But yeah, best to avoid Google Chrome altogether.

You might move onto attempting to block those popups using the browser itself. But yeah, best to avoid Google Chrome altogether.

Thanks, they are not pop ups, but links of my previous searchs on the browser.

Listed previous searches?

Try this...straight from Google. Just not sure if that it is relevant to the Android platform. <?>

Stop saving activity completely
You can prevent searches, browsing history, and most other activity from being saved to your account:
  1. On your computer, go to Activity controls.
  2. Turn off the activity you don’t want to save.
You may delete the previous history:

Delete all activity
  1. On your computer, go to your Google Account.
  2. On the top left navigation panel, click Data & personalization.
  3. On the Activity and timeline panel, click My Activity.
  4. At the top right of the page, click the More icon
    bgCsDNu0FhWKa_U1FXEdijnsON7JbaNSUOMyru9UP6_UXuk9h-crX-IX1QR8YmKRNTOk=w18-h18
  5. Click Delete activity by.
  6. Below "Delete by date," click the Down arrow
    lC5pRBl9U74Lbr8YXYKM5MrAfgePQuwVFbfYDyd9ctddvLCQbGvfl_XKrRkMqfm2iVhy=w18-h18
    and select All time.
  7. Click Delete.
If you need further help Pls visit the Google Accounts Help Forum.

If it works, hope you uninstall that browser.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom