• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Help, Everything Looks Like Dungeons & Dragons!! :P

Well I feel fairly certain although at the same time ?? combined with much doubt from family and loved ones. Of course this would also come with a feeling of concern at the same time. I’m going to the doctor Tuesday so that’s as far as I’ve gone.

Your opinion on the likelihood of my having this from the information provided along with any new information you might have noticed. Along with next steps if needed.

Your opinion on the likelihood of my having this from the information provided along with any new information you might have noticed. Along with next steps if needed.

What are you trying to say?

What are you thinking I’m trying to say

I don't know, but it doesn't seem to be particularly
related to the thread topic.

Help me out.
Are you asking whether it seems to people on this forum
that you are on the spectrum?

Or what are you saying?

Yes, I’m leaning off my own understanding and feelings to gain additional clarity through others clarity of me through the limited information given. This will be used in combination with what the doctor tells me so I can get a larger picture of everything going on.

Yes, I’m leaning off my own understanding and feelings to gain additional clarity through others clarity of me through the limited information given. This will be used in combination with what the doctor tells me so I can get a larger picture of everything going on.

In that case, you're off topic for this thread.

I’m sorry, it was more of just a flowing conversation to me. Where would I need to go then forum or not.

You could start a Thread in one of the areas on this website,
to talk about what's on your mind.

As of recent, I've gotten REALLY attached to the classic game of Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition. What gets me so hooked on it is the way the game works and functions; a living, breathing, working world laid out before you, whose movements, events and inner workings are dictated with the rolling of dice, the pushing and pulling of crudely-painted figurines and miniatures, handling of paper; it's all so meticulous, so... functional! I love how the mechanics of the game work, and how the only limit to adding stuff to the game or creating things to go into a world YOU create yourself is your imagination.

That's when something really interesting occured to me; because of how the rules system is written for the game, I realized a long time ago that you can easily visualize things in real life as the mechanics of D&D, simply by comparing the way the core rules makes the game world work to the way real life works. Imaginary dice rolls in your head help make DC checks for that "gut" feeling you may have about something (although kinda counter-intuitive...), an imaginary grid laid out before you tells you how much distance in feet you are from the bathroom, and the last time you took a pill for a headache? There's your saving throws for Constitution, right there. See where I'm going with this?

This has caused sort of a small problem... as I've come to really enjoy my time with D&D, I think I'm getting a little *too* obsessed with it, because now I'm applying D&D logic to almost EVERYTHING I visualize in real life... I just need some reassurance that nobody thinks I'm officially gone coconuts and need extensive help :p.

This isn't really bad for me is it? I mean, I'm just putting a filter over real life using something that I understand and is most familiar to me, and it's helped me get through a lot of painfully slow moments in the past month. How harmful could that be?

You haven't gone coconuts, don't worry. Lately I tend to think of my social choices as like your choices of when your playing Detroit: Become Human, specifically Connor's. Don't ask.

I don't think it's a good idea to think of everything as "rolling the dice and seeing what I land on" kind of thing, because that implies to yourself & others your willing to leave everything to chance. Remember, everything in your life happens for a reason.

My advice to you?
Say a prayer to God, asking Him for wisdom. Thank Him for what he has given you, and ask "How can I think in a more effective way that is more pleasing to you?". Then after you do that, go open your Bible (if you have one). Don't pick a certain passage (unless God puts one in your heart). Just open the book up, God will point something out to you that you need to hear.

I’m sorry for my rudeness and being overbearing. My mind has been running a little fast for a couple months and this is how it came out.

Hey, we're cool, man. I actually didn't think you were being rude at all. I just like to toss in some comic relief like that every now and then :)

Thank you. Whatever the case it was wrong and I’m sorry. I may have hit a wrong button or two trying to message if some are out of place.

Thank you. Whatever the case it was wrong and I’m sorry. I may have hit a wrong button or two trying to message if some are out of place.
Like I said, no harm done, no hard feelings at all. I wasn't even angry to begin with, honestly.

I don't think it's crazy at all. When I began learning to code I started to break down random tasks into 'code' as if I was programming myself or another person to replicate that task. If I spend time writing code these days, I tend to slip back into the same habit for a while afterwards.

New Threads

Top Bottom