• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

hellos

BourneIdentity

I'm 26, self diagnosed asperger's from wikipedia. I'm starting a PhD program in the fall and I'm scared to death to leave home. For my BS/MS I drove to the uni from home. I have to move into an apartment with 2 other guys and then go to orientation, and then the first year phd students are all going to want to drink/party. What an exhausting specter....

Hey BourneIdentity, I am a diagnosed person with Asperger's, and I'm still a student, studying Business.

Welcome to Aspies Central!

Take it slow and steady. We are different from others, and it's ok. After all, I don't get to party much anyway, so I spend my free time in the library reading a variety of business-related books, or on the computer with AC.

Be good and nice to the room-mates though, for living with others brings a great experience to interact with other people - it's the ideal most academics want, that is, living in a community of scholars. In practice, scholars are human beings, too. But well, a PhD seems like a cool experience... Enjoy it as much as you can!

Hi. Welcome to AC. We are all at differing points in diagnosis. Just take a nice deep breath and go at you're own pace.I would give some of Gerodie's suggestions a try. Besides you can always spend you're time here with us. :) Jump on in the water is warm!

New Threads

Top Bottom