• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

Melanie C

Hello everyone. I'm Melanie. I recently celebrated by 23rd birthday on March 12th so I decided that it was high time to start trying to communicate on various forums instead of lurking around which is what I usually do. I'm in the process of completing my first novel and have recently started a blog on my website, though at the moment I only have about five posts.

Hi Mel C, and welcome,
There are a great number of us that enjoy the pastime of lurking. Good to have another Lurkie join the ranks
Cheers
Turk

Hi Melanie and welcome to Aspies. I too want to know what your novel is about and also when it will be published? ;)

Hello everyone. I'm Melanie. I recently celebrated by 23rd birthday on March 12th so I decided that it was high time to start trying to communicate on various forums instead of lurking around which is what I usually do. I'm in the process of completing my first novel and have recently started a blog on my website, though at the moment I only have about five posts.
Right On Melanie! Your "Lurking" comment was funny because my first thought was that you meant lurking around in social situations. I wonder what kind of things you write about. There is another on here who is blogging about Aspergers, and is a good writer. Worth checking out. Best wishes for you.

Happy birthday, Melanie, and welcome!

I, too, would love to hear more about your novel if you're interested in sharing. :)

Well, I've been writing it for five years and it's a sci-fi novel about a family who gets abducted by aliens. There's a lot more to it than that but I want to wait until it's finished before I start to really discuss it in depth.

Well, I've been writing it for five years and it's a sci-fi novel about a family who gets abducted by aliens. There's a lot more to it than that but I want to wait until it's finished before I start to really discuss it in depth.

Sounds good. Hope the family stays together. A dynamic aliens don't seem to respect much when abducting us humans!

But then maybe they get dumped....like Travis Walton. Or you could incorporate yourself as the author into the story....sort of like Whitley Strieber.

Interesting subject, anyways. ;)

Very cool you are writing a novel at 23. :)

That is very cool! Im 31 and in the process of writing a book. Its non-fiction though about food and wine. I think i have read one fiction book in my entire life. Im nearing the quarter way mark, and its finally starting to get some momentum. I just keep thinking, one page at a time.

New Threads

Top Bottom