• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

Wolfiedog

Hi.
i go by wolfiedog online, and i guess here as well.
i'm self diagnosed. About a decade ago my s/o insisted on fostering a neighborhood kid that had troubles at home and had been diagnosed with autism and ADHD.
So i started my homework to find out what this autism and ADHD stuff was so i knew what we were getting into. The further i read, the more i realized i was reading about me! Suddenly the past, all of the trials i've endured and my own inability to be human like everyone else made sense.
About three years ago i had autistic burnout, all of my hard won social skills slipped away and my job was suffering. i went to a psychologist who, without officially diagnosing me, said i most certainly had ADHD and more than likely had autism.
If i took nothing else away from those sessions, it was the fact that my not being 'normal' was not my fault. A lifetime of carrying the shame of what i am and how i react to the world was suddenly gone.
i guess here is where i can open up a little and maybe not be ridiculed or bashed for being very different from regular society.
i look forward to it.

1684704716507.png

Welcome to the forums. You are definitely in good company and you do not need to explain yourself.

Hello and welcome to the forum! This is a great place for support! Let us know if you need help with anything.

Hello and welcome! I’m glad you have found us. I bet that you are feeling pretty free, having shed the shackles of shame. We are here to support you, so dive right in and make yourself at home.

New Threads

Top Bottom