• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

Xinim

Very new to this journey. Wish I had found out sooner, my kid would have been better supported. We are on this journey together and she is living 4 hours away at college as a Freshman. My husband thinks he is the 'normal one' in our family. So funny because his obvious OCD and other issues kept me from looking at myself. Once I looked -I was shocked and so many things started to fall into place. This realization happened this past summer just as we were packing our daughter up for college. She has been in therapy for her anxiety for awhile this round. We had tried therapy for her when she was 6 or 7 but it didn't get anywhere quick enough and my husband was very uncomfortable with the added costs. My ADD brain was happy to dump it as well. And we had other family obligations with health that we on our shoulders at the time. Actively seeking people that I can relate to who get me. Trying to find resources for my daughter who is still skeptical. Her therapist is still appraising her... we will see how this college thing goes... Anyway hello all.

1677519722068.png

Hi and welcome to the forum. We're an eclectic bunch of people here and there's a wealth of experience to read and learn from.

Hello and welcome! Hope you find what you need here. We are all here to help you figure out the forum.

Welcome. Interesting how things fall into place after recognizing ASD. Though, mine came at age 60, when long buried social trauma was catching up with me. Only recently have I worked past that and am feeling balanced, living in the present.

Welcome! This is a hop-on-hop-off tour, so feel free to pop in or out of the forums and various discussions as you please :)

New Threads

Top Bottom