• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello!

Dallionz

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I do not have autism myself, but my son does. He just turned fifteen, and we are going through a really rough patch of years with him. I'm desperately trying to find a place where I can ask for some advice with regards to his obsessions/addictions and related aggressions.

Is it okay to post about it here as someone without autism? And if so, is there a particular forum that would be best for me to do so?

Thanks so much!

Aye, it's totally fine to do that. It's pretty common in this place.

I'd say, just post it in the general autism discussion section or whatever that's called.

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here and can get some helpful ideas for issueswith your son. He's at a tricky age, where he may want more independence yet be frustrated by the difficulties he experiences. Then it's tough for you too. I hope you find it supportive here.

:beetle::bee::cherryblossom::herb::sunflower::cactus::hibiscus::cat:

Is it okay to post about it here as someone without autism? ..
Thanks so much!

Firstly welcome and glad you have found this place.

There is a lot of experience and wisdom in here so fell free to do some searching through older posts.

Thank you all so much. We have felt so alone. I’m going to create a post under general autism. I’m unable to use a computer when he is around so will either post in sections on my phone or post this evening.

Seriously, thank you for the warm welcome.

Welcome to the forums.
Hope you find some answers and we're willing to share our experiences.

New Threads

Top Bottom