• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello..

Tyrone

Hello everyone I am new here (which is why I'm introducing myself) I am an adult who was recently diagnosed with ASD. I don't know where to begin or what to do next, I just know that i've had it really rough not knowing why I was so different all these years, struggling so hard in grade school and college, bouncing from job to job and dont get me started on the social issues. i used to have close friends or so I thought, they've gone on to be with "normal" people and left me out. So no friends, I am married so that's cool. Anyway hi everyone.

upload_2020-5-1_17-31-13.png

Hello everyone I am new here (which is why I'm introducing myself) I am an adult who was recently diagnosed with ASD. I don't know where to begin or what to do next, I just know that i've had it really rough not knowing why I was so different all these years, struggling so hard in grade school and college, bouncing from job to job and dont get me started on the social issues. i used to have close friends or so I thought, they've gone on to be with "normal" people and left me out. So no friends, I am married so that's cool. Anyway hi everyone.

Welcome Tyrone! That is very cool that you are married. It is nice meeting you, and I hope you find the answers that you seek.

Hey Tyrone :)

Hopefully things will start to make a bit more sense once you get a better understanding of things. For a lot of people, learning more about autism creates a sort of light bulb effect, where life suddenly makes sense. Besides browsing through the forums, a good place to start is also the forums resources section. There are tons of books you can read. Hope that helps.

Thank you for the warm welcome, I forgot to add I am also a veteran with PTSD, so kind of a great mix of things here lol

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here, people are friendly. It sounds like things have been difficult for you in the past, and I think that others here will identify with some of what you have been through.

:cactus::palmtree::blossom::sunflower::cactus::palmtree::dromedarycamel:

Hi @Tyrone
Welcome to the Forums.

Do have a read of the threads in here which contain a lot of answers and similar experiences to what you have said so far.

New Threads

Top Bottom