• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

DudBomb

Hi, my name is Dave. I was rabbit trailing YouTube, and i came across some aspie videos.
After looking back on my life and current behavioral patterns, I'm like oh my goodness this explains everything. Each video i watch I find more and more commonalities.

Hi Dave. Do you find it comforting to think that you may have figured this out, like you finally have answers you've wanted for a long time? That was my reaction, and I don't think I'm alone in that. But my friend who pointed it out was scared to tell me, thought I'd get very upset. But not at all, and I wonder if that's an aspie thing, would explain why I can offend people by simply saying what seems like an inoffensive observation to me - that's an aspie thing for sure.

Yes I am relieved. What scares me is if i should talk about it with my therapist. I've been told therapists don't like patients to know too much about their diagnosis, idk. Afraid he might think I am a hypochondriac, lol. Also i don't think my parents would accept it. They would see that I have been harshly punished my entire life for things I had little control over. Also it would put a kink in future attempts of verbal abuse from my mom.

463747906_1280x720.jpg

Welcome!!! Do we call you Dud or Bomb? I guess we have to call you DudBomb to be safe? Either way, that is a very creative name and it put a smile on my face!!

She has diagnosed herself as bi-polar, but i wouldn't be surprised if she fell in the lighter side of the autism spectrum. She has no intention to seek treatment. My best guess is that she is afraid of what family might think if she was to get an official diagnosis. She says that she wouldn't be able to take medication and work. She is a nurse, so that may be true , idk. I've always said that we don't get along because we are too much alike.

New Threads

Top Bottom