• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello. New to this autism/aspergers forum; just an introduction.

D.Hall

Hello,

I am new to this autism forum thing and I guess as a condition of registering, I have to post a new thread(?), so here goes. I am in my late 30's and havent been medically diagnosed on the spectrum (if that is the right terminology, this is all new to me). But have always noticed my speech patterns are not always smooth and coherent like other people, especially when tired or stressed after a long day. Social settings (meetings at work, parties, etc.) have also never been enjoyable to me either, especially when unfamiliar faces are present. I think I've always tried to hide it and act "neurotypical" (?); (forgive me, first time I've seen this word on these forums, had to recently look it up on google), but I've always noted suttle reactions or hints from people, even as a kid that I am not like them. Not sure at my age if there are any groups, meetings or resources for this. I live in MD and searching on google for any local meetings or therapy, seems everything is geared towards families or children at early developmental stages. I guess Im just looking for a forum or outlet to get resources and exchange experiences with other like minded individuals.

D.

Hi D.Hall :)

welcome to af.png

Hi , welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here, there is a lot of information on threads on this site and plenty of conversations you will probably find relevant and helpful.

:snowflake::spiralshell::spoutingwhale::snowflake::spiralshell::spoutingwhale::snowflake::spiralshell::spoutingwhale::snowflake::spiralshell::spoutingwhale::snowflake::spiralshell::spoutingwhale::snowflake::spiralshell::spoutingwhale:

Welcome to the forum.
You'll find a lot of info here and people willing to answer
any questions you may have.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I have since I was diagnosed late in life about 3 yrs. ago.

New Threads

Top Bottom