• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

hello new here

bruce rigsby

hello everyone im bruce, i am a 35yr army vet and have become very sure i am on the spectrim. i hope no one takes offence from this statment but i honestly am completly lost in this whole thing. i have been seeking mental helth help from the VA for other issuse and by seeking ways the get better something lead me down this path as well. looking back on my childhood A.D.S. explains most of my expeirances 100%. PS i am sorry about my grammer and spelling

0255529779c1f6c72d11fc590aeda98c.png

Hi and welcome, it's good that you are here, I hope that you will find it helpful and supportive. Sounds like you are having some challenges.

Having the label ASD can help us explain some of our life experiences, but we are still the person we always were too. Understanding about ASD is often helpful and like a key to finding strategies. But often it is quite confusing at first, especially if we don't know much about it or are just aware of stereotypes like Rainman and so on.

Hopefully you can join in discussions here and find out more, post some threads with questions you have, etc. There's a lot of threads to read too, that may be relevant.

:herb::fourleaf::seedling::leafwind::fallenleaf::mapleleaf::sunflower:

Hi and welcome, it's good that you are here, I hope that you will find it helpful and supportive. Sounds like you are having some challenges.

Having the label ASD can help us explain some of our life experiences, but we are still the person we always were too. Understanding about ASD is often helpful and like a key to finding strategies. But often it is quite confusing at first, especially if we don't know much about it or are just aware of stereotypes like Rainman and so on.

Hopefully you can join in discussions here and find out more, post some threads with questions you have, etc. There's a lot of threads to read too, that may be relevant.

:herb::fourleaf::seedling::leafwind::fallenleaf::mapleleaf::sunflower:
thank you for saying hello lol. yes all i have ever known is the stereotypes up untill recently. this is somthing i have been looking into for quite a few months and i dont think of it as a disabillity by anymeans anymore. lol i have a lot worse issuses. but i am having trouble comunicating with may doctors/everyother human and am trying to learn how to if that makes sense

Welcome. You will learn that, especially from those of us diagnosed late in life, that while we all were affected by ASD, we were not defined by it. Many had to transcend personal difficulties.

Hi Bruce, welcome!! :)
You'll find a lot of other people on here who were diagnosed later in life... who have lots of helpful and valuable advice!! I've certainly learned a lot in my short time here so far.
I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was very young, but I've struggled with things as an adult as well (including mental health issues and medical problems). So far I've found this to be a pretty safe community to discuss these issues. I hope you find that it is for you too :)

Hi and Welcome to the Forums @bruce rigsby

Do have a read around the material on the website. There is a lot of life experience in here. Do have a look at one aspect and see if it rings true with you, if not move on. ASC manifests in so many ways that there is lots to get to know

Happy hunting

I was diagnosed when I was 36 so you are not alone, hopefully the VA can help, I dont know how well their psyc services are equipped for diagnosis and treatment of autism, you may have to check elsewhere for a true diagnosis.

Welcome! We do seem to encounter a number of individuals with a military service background.

Bruce: brother; all I have to say is god bless you; may adoni watch over you; and thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you’ve given your country. We have much to learn from people like yourself.

New Threads

Top Bottom