• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello,mom of a kid with Asperger's

Mika M Reich

Hello,I am Mika and a mom of a 12 year old daughter with Asperger's.She was diagnosed with this when she was 7 years old.Saw something wasn't right with her at all, my ex husband wasn't concerned at all at first and I was. But,I did get it to him.

I got reports from her teacher that she was alone and didn't want to socialize with the other kids in her class. In class she has always been smart in class. Seeing the proper people,she ended up being diagnosed with this. Me,I took it well and my ex husband didn't at first knowing she has a disability. I have two older daughters whom are 16 and 14 whom have been great about it too.

Today,she lives a great life with good friends in her life.I see her as a smart young lady into art loving to paint and draw.Plus she knows I still love her including her dad whom has learned about it more and step dad.

upload_2020-7-21_19-37-55.png

If you are asking if I am German,I am originally from Germany and have been a legal USA citizen since 1995.She knows this and does speak 3 languages,German is one of them

Sounds similar to my experiences as a kid. I've turned my love of art into freelance commissions. It's wonderful to see how much measures you've taken in research and support! She's a very lucky kid.

Welcome to the forums from a dad with a son who has autism and also has autism himself. :)

Last edited:
Hi Mika and welcome, and may i say it's made my morning to hear how positive and loving you post about your daughter.

Hi and welcome, it's good to hear how well your daughter is doing. I hope you will enjoy it here and find some useful support and ideas.

:blossom::rabbit::sunflower::rabbit::blossom::rabbit::sunflower::rabbit::blossom:

She has adapted very well to everything ever since.My older two daughters have learned well about this too,they see her as a normal sister.I also have a son whom I reunited with lately,gave him up for adoption when I was 15 after giving birth to him whom has been great about it,said he has a friend with Asperger's as well telling her this

Sounds similar to my experiences as a kid. I've turned my love of art into freelance commissions. It's wonderful to see how much measures you've taken in research and support! She's a very lucky kid.
She did some paintings and drawings,we had them auctioned off and the money went to research on autism and asperger's last year.It was her idea to do this

New Threads

Top Bottom