• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, I'm new here

Hi, I like your name. I was diagnosed late last year. I'm a 50 year old woman with 7 grown children.
Welcome to the sight. I hope you like it here.

Hello and welcome! Hope you enjoy the forum.
Thank you Rodafina =)
Glad to have you with us, @PurpleDragon23

Understanding. It's a two way road. But for us, it's a two way road full of potholes and random rockslides when trying to interact in this NT world.

But you'll find the understanding here you are looking for. We also have plenty of resources here. Otherwise, you can ask questions about anything you are confused about.

I hope you enjoy your time here with us~
Thank you Xinyta, I do agree with what you are saying. I appreciate the well wishes =)

@PurpleDragon23

Welcome! A lot of us went through the same late diagnosis experience. This is a good place to learn. You'll see that we share a lot of traits but we're also very different -- the traits express differently and we have different personalities and life experiences.
Thank you so much Marc, I am so glad to know I am not alone.

Welcome to the forum purpledragon23, it is a really nice place for information and friendship! I am not on the spectrum but my son is, I know my son thinks that most people don't understand him either. He does have a hard time talking to people but lately he has been pushing himself more to do it. Being on the other side I know it was hard to understand him, and like you he wasn't diagnosed until his late 20's because I had never even heard of Asperger's so I had no way to really understand him. His diagnosis and this forum helped me to understand what he was dealing with and it opened up our communication A LOT. I am very thankful to the people on this forum who are always willing to help.
Thank you VAW for sharing all of that with me. I do struggle a lot with people not understanding me. I can relate to your son. All I can do is just do the best I can with the relationships I have and any other potential relationships.

Glad that you are here. I did not know I was autistic as a teen and young adult in the 60s and 70s. I only was diagnosed as a result of PTSD because of social isolation from that time, and by that time I was 60.
Thank you Gerald, I also struggle with PTSD from certain situations that happend in my past.

Hello everybody. I am new to this site. I was diagnosed with Aspergers when I was 35. A whole new world opened up to me when I first got diagnosed. I am still learning about Aspergers and why I do some of the things I do. I was not diagnosed when I was a kid because Autism wasn't even talked about in the 70's and 80's, let alone even really known about. I would love to meet more people through here that have Autism, wherever you are at on the Spectrum. Sometimes I do feel alone, because I don't know many people with Autism around the area where I live. I feel like a lot of people don't understand me. It is hard.
My diagnosis was in my 50s so I hear you very well! I've just had another 'friend' blame me for my autism, so another one to cross off the list. I'm planning on moving soon, but once I have, my counselor suggested I try and set up a local support group which I intend to do. For me the loneliest feeling is being among a crowd of people that just don't 'get' you, I'm really hoping that I will find at least one supportive and understanding friend for mutual support.

New Threads

Top Bottom