• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, I'm new here from asperclick.

Phlogiston101

phlogiston101
Hi, I'm here from the asperclick forum that is shutting down this month, I have the same username at asperclick so I thought I'd keep it here too. I like that forum since it's a small group, and I've never been good with large groups, but this one was recommended so I thought I'd try it. I'm 52 newly diagnosed as a result of my divorce a few years ago, it seems there are others around my age here so I like that. I'm a chemist, and into all things science, nature and four wheel drive trucks. I like geopolitics, rockhoundiing, farming, working in my shop, and am into trying almost anything to learn more of this world wee've been brought into.

Hello and welcome! What kind of science is your favorite? I'm studying biochemistry, but recently I've been really into synthetic biology.

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

There's a Section of the Forum for Politics as to not disturb the peace; if you missed the little box to tick that enables the use of the Politics section when you created your account, you can do that Here: https://www.autismforums.com/account/personal-details, and it's right under where you can set your Diagnosis as

Thanks for the welcome. I've honestly never heard of synthetic biology, but I looked it up on wikipedia it sounds really interesting. I'll look into it more. I've done a bit of work at one startup company I worked at with nanotechnology, we were trying to use porphyrins as a memory system for computer chips since they have variable oxidation states they are more flexible than a simple binary memory for chips. I think quantum computing has largely replaced this, and the company I was at is out of business now. The company I'm at now I've worked with carbon nanotubes, mostly for electrical dissipative properties in the semiconductor inddustry. Well as my favorite science has to be pure chemistry, especially synthetic organic. But I'm into all the sciences, I was very much into collecting rocks as a young boy annd memorizing the chemical formla's of them all, so geology is a favorite of mine also, but they are all good. I really also am into space and cosmology, tryiing to figure out our place in the universe.

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here. Your work sounds very interesting. I would think it may take some time to work out our place in the universe, especially if we are a random byproduct, or an experiment gone a bit wrong. Don't give up the day job, tee hee just being silly. I'm sorry to hear Asperclick is closing down, that's a shame, but this is a good forum and people are friendly.

:snake::seedling::cactus::fourleaf::palmtree::turtle::deciduous::leafwind::bug:

RocksComo 019.JPG Welcome to this forum!
I was diagnosed at age 57. So there are plenty of older diagnosed here.
I've never belonged to any other forum except this one.
Hope you enjoy it here as much as I have.
My profession was pharmaceuticals, but, I love nature, and space sciences.
I'm also a rockhound born in Arizona.

Hi EccentricChemist

welcome to af.png

I used to design and build sublimation equipment for the semiconductor industry ;)

Welcome.

My path is almost completely the same as yours except for the chemistry piece.

I hope you have a good experience here at autismforums.com

Hello! I am here as well from asperclick. different username (taken) but same image. I was Ace over there. glad to see someone else moving over from there

Hi everyone, thanks for all the welcomes. I've been thinkiing of changing my ursername. A new forum, a new name and start. EccentricChemist pretty much describes who I am, but I was thinking maybe something else. I know I have about 9 days from registering to change it. I'm not too great at thinking up cool usernames, I was thinkiing something like H-Bond, or something along those lines. It stands for hydrogen bond, my favorite kind of chemical bondiing. It's a weak and tenuous bond, but it's responsible for much of why there is even life on earth. Or maybe just e- for electron, I'm not to sure, any help here with usernames would be appreciated. thanks.

Something with 1905 would be cool given the year's importance in physics. You could base your name off one of your favorite scientists or your favorite element. Orbital or Absolute Zero sound kind of cool. You could do something involving psi for wave functions or C60 for buckminsterfullerene. I'm also not great with thinking of names but hopefully this will help with inspiration!

Hi tree, thank you for clearing up my confusion on username changes. Sometimes I miss, or misinterpret small details in things I read unless I slow down and read the a couple times. Hi rubicks52, thanks for the help, the 1905 thiing relating to physics is cool. Today the word phlogiston came into my head. I think I'll change it to phlogiston101 I kind of like that it's still chemistry related.

New Threads

Top Bottom