• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello! I am new.

Welcome to Autismforums.com, Rainbowcat.

You will find enumerable posts pertaining to the autism experience here. You will also see and hear from many as we post and comment.

Some of the interaction is good and some is great. As a whole, the interaction is a mirror into our lives.

Thank you for wanting to be a part. We look forward to hearing your story and sharing in your joys and sorrows.
Hello,
Thank you. I am excited.

Hello,

My name is rainbow cat. Last year i got diagnosed with being in the Autism Spectrum. I was 24. I felt lost and relieved at the same time. I knew i was different since school. As a kid, i was diagnosed with ADHD and learning dissabilities. My parents struggled with accepting me as a different kid and that did not help me feel comfortable with myself. Getting this diagnose made me feel frustrated in the beginning,because i thought how my parents did not pay attention to all these clues. Now,everything makes sense to me and i feel at peace.
I would like to meet other people who are like me and share our experiences.
Welcome to the forum Rainbowcat, I am not an Aspie but my son is and from another perspective of being a mother of a son who is an aspie. I missed every sign there was. MY son is now 32. When he was a kid I didn't know how to handle him or why he acted the way he did. He is very intelligent and I guess I didn't think anything was wrong with him because he was so smart, I figured he was just acting out and being mean. Of course I could kick myself now for missing it all. Being diagnosed really opened a lot of doors for us(and he is very borderline) but also being on this forum has helped me so much. People are nice on here and very helpful. The thing that hits me the hardest is that most people unless it hits home and you or one of your kids or brother or sister etc. has ASD you will probably never get to know that person or why they are like they are. Truly understand what it is like to be in the Autism spectrum. I have 5 kids and only 1 has ASD they all grew up together and even though they all love each other most of them do not understand him. I just got into it with my other son when I asked him to take my son for his blood work, he didn't want to and started saying why can't he take himself? other people with autism are out and have jobs, he isn't stupid, and if he is so borderline he should do better, he thinks he is more narcissistic than anything. I realized that even knowing he has ASD they really still don't understand him or try to help him in any way. A lot of times I think that NT's just cannot grasp that.

Welcome to the forum Rainbowcat, I am not an Aspie but my son is and from another perspective of being a mother of a son who is an aspie. I missed every sign there was. MY son is now 32. When he was a kid I didn't know how to handle him or why he acted the way he did. He is very intelligent and I guess I didn't think anything was wrong with him because he was so smart, I figured he was just acting out and being mean. Of course I could kick myself now for missing it all. Being diagnosed really opened a lot of doors for us(and he is very borderline) but also being on this forum has helped me so much. People are nice on here and very helpful. The thing that hits me the hardest is that most people unless it hits home and you or one of your kids or brother or sister etc. has ASD you will probably never get to know that person or why they are like they are. Truly understand what it is like to be in the Autism spectrum. I have 5 kids and only 1 has ASD they all grew up together and even though they all love each other most of them do not understand him. I just got into it with my other son when I asked him to take my son for his blood work, he didn't want to and started saying why can't he take himself? other people with autism are out and have jobs, he isn't stupid, and if he is so borderline he should do better, he thinks he is more narcissistic than anything. I realized that even knowing he has ASD they really still don't understand him or try to help him in any way. A lot of times I think that NT's just cannot grasp that.

Hello VAW,

Thank you for explaining how you felt from a parents view. Yes, i suppose my parents thought i will outgrow my behavior and be like the other people my age.
I was diagnosed with Higly Functioning Autism ,but i still struggle with things like finding and keeping a job and being an independant adult. I can't stand crowded offices and noisy places. I had to leave from my first job,because i was feeling exhausted from all the noisy enviroment. It was a company with open offices. So i could hear every sound someone made and smell whatever someone eat. It sounds a bit dramatic,but for me it was too much. I was trying hard,but in the end i got sick and thought that i can't take it anymore.

Hello VAW,

Thank you for explaining how you felt from a parents view. Yes, i suppose my parents thought i will outgrow my behavior and be like the other people my age.
I was diagnosed with Higly Functioning Autism ,but i still struggle with things like finding and keeping a job and being an independant adult. I can't stand crowded offices and noisy places. I had to leave from my first job,because i was feeling exhausted from all the noisy enviroment. It was a company with open offices. So i could hear every sound someone made and smell whatever someone eat. It sounds a bit dramatic,but for me it was too much. I was trying hard,but in the end i got sick and thought that i can't take it anymore.
I understand, Me personally I hate that kind of office. I have worked in that environment before and I didn't last long there.
My son is high functioning also, but he has other medical problems. He has ulcerative colitis which right now he is bleeding a lot and on prednisone again, but it isn't stopping it this time...so he is on Disability because this is something there is no cure for right now.
The psychiatrist said he internalizes and may have caused that but other doctors say it is an auto-immune system disease so who knows? lol
but from what I understand some people can live a normal life on their own and other people will always need that one person to help them with things.

Hello,

My name is rainbow cat. Last year i got diagnosed with being in the Autism Spectrum. I was 24. I felt lost and relieved at the same time. I knew i was different since school. As a kid, i was diagnosed with ADHD and learning dissabilities. My parents struggled with accepting me as a different kid and that did not help me feel comfortable with myself. Getting this diagnose made me feel frustrated in the beginning,because i thought how my parents did not pay attention to all these clues. Now,everything makes sense to me and i feel at peace.
I would like to meet other people who are like me and share our experiences.
Hi, Rainbowcat.

I understand, Me personally I hate that kind of office. I have worked in that environment before and I didn't last long there.
My son is high functioning also, but he has other medical problems. He has ulcerative colitis which right now he is bleeding a lot and on prednisone again, but it isn't stopping it this time...so he is on Disability because this is something there is no cure for right now.
The psychiatrist said he internalizes and may have caused that but other doctors say it is an auto-immune system disease so who knows? lol
but from what I understand some people can live a normal life on their own and other people will always need that one person to help them with things.

New Threads

Top Bottom