• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, Hello.

kyliebills

Hi everyone. My name is Kylie. I'm 18 and I am 99% sure I have Asperger's. When I found out I had ADHD I felt like there were more underlying issues at hand that my psychologist wasn't addressing. So I did some research and came across a website about Asperger's. I read about it and felt like I deeply connected with what it was saying. I took a couple tests and all of my scores were incredibly high, meaning I should talk to a professional. It was insane. The questions that I was being asked were things that I do on a daily basis that I never noticed. Little things. I have always had the symptoms, even as a child. But no one in my family ever thought anything of it because no one knew what it was. So I started reading blogs and books and the more I read the more content I felt with myself. I have always had trouble making and sustaining friendships/relationships with people my own age and was teased/bullied all throughout my high school years. People in my town just don't understand who I am and it's so frustrating to have a heart that means well and intentions that are nothing less than genuine to only be tossed to the side when people decide you're not 'cool enough' or too weird to hangout with. I feel so alone and isolated. I have no friends and no one who really cares. I try to smile and push through it but some days it's incredibly hard. I hope I'm able to meet some awesome people on here who can relate and understand where I'm coming from. Take care ❤

Welcome aboard :)
This is a friendly community, hope you enjoy it.
image.jpg

Welcome to AC, Kylie. Yes...I think you'll find you have a lot in common with us. Many of us are self-diagnosed. Having spent almost two years regularly interacting with formally and self-diagnosed Aspies, I have no doubt that I'm on the spectrum. With enough information and interaction, you can slowly "put all the pieces together".

Now the process can begin for you too...perhaps enough to erase that remaining one percent of doubt.

Last edited:
Hi & Welcome,

Your note makes me sad, just because it is so senseless the way people treat those who are different badly. There is no explaining it, no reason, it is just people being jerks. Many here have had similar experiences to greater or lesser extent. Although you can run into such people and situations at any time in life, the pack mentality is usually strongest and most certain in Middle School - High School. From there on some people do actually mature.

Its a good thing to find your own group, and people of similar mindset and experiences . My own thought about how to progress is that one must become fluent in both ASD and NT language so to speak. That is understanding how the NT mind works enough to work in that environment with NTs indefinately. Ideally the NTs that are most significant to you will also make effort to understand and accept you.

Thank you everyone for your wise and kind words. It's so relieving to find others who are struggling with the same issues and to know that I'm not alone. You all seem like wonderful people and I'm overjoyed to have stumbled across this forum. :)

I know the pain of being made fun of. High school wasn't so bad as I went to an art school where pretty much everyone was an overachiever and/or an outcast. Elementary and junior high were hell though. People, and kids especially, can be very cruel. They pick up on differences and use them to exclude and hurt others. I suppose that's why I was never able to look at children as innocent the way other people do.

New Threads

Top Bottom