• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello everyone

Chhoww

Hi all. Glad to have found this forum. Came here to understand how people with ASD see the world, how they deal with ending their day. All the best!

Hello- depending where some people are in the world on here they maybe just starting their day

Hi and welcome. Pretty interesting question… I have been struggling with insomnia, but determined to kick it, so I’ve been ending my day with a lot of stretching and calming music. But, if you want to check out a pretty serious thread, there’s lots of us who struggle with the end of our day, I think.

https://www.autismforums.com/threads/insomnia-is-destroying-my-will-to-live.41914/

Feel free to take your time getting to know us… There’s so much written here and hopefully you will find it an interesting place to ask questions and find answers.

1669301429741.png

Hi all. Glad to have found this forum. Came here to understand how people with ASD see the world, how they deal with ending their day. All the best!
I see the world as interdependent systems that are being thrown into chaos. I see the people running it as creatures evolved to live in groups of about 150 and only coping with modern life using circuits not designed for it. The knee joint makes a good fin, but a bad knee for a bipedal creature, and the mental situation is much worse. People think they are rational, but they seldom have time for logic, and just rationalize what bubbles up from the pre-verbal subconscious.
I have a lot of trouble with maintaining a sleep schedule. I rarely sleep four hours at a time, so I have to do it two or three times a day. I try to maintain regular meal times as an anchor, and then to slow down with some light reading on paper, and then some meditation. Sometimes, I just forget how to sleep, especially if I've had to stay awake when sleepy, and sometimes a touch of bi-polar keeps me up on a project.

New Threads

Top Bottom