• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello everyone

NCC

Hello,

I've always had a screwed up life, everyone seems to hate me. I've always known I'm an introvert and have social anxiety. I knew there was something else going on, but what? So, I finally took one of those online autism spectrum tests, just to see if it possibly could be that.

Well, I scored a 35 on it. I studied what AS is and it was me. It explained everything in my life, since childhood. It brought out a lot of mixed emotions. Some relief, to finally know why everything has always been misery to me. Then there's some anger. Because nobody ever suspected it. I've been told I'm standoffish and odd. I've always preferred my dreamworld over reality, which makes it tough to concentrate on the current task at hand. I feel very uncomfortable with eye contact. And I'm very socially awkward. I'm just awful at reading body language.

Even though, I have all the right things in my head to say, I come off wrong. People dismiss me as odd and feel a need to harass me. I've challenged probably half the shift I work at to step outside because of it. I realize this is a big overreaction to general teasing, which everyone seems endure. Normal people seem to relish this and laugh with one another. Me, I take it wrong and rage. I can't help it, I take everything so personal. I wish I didn't. I try to work at it. I seem to be doing better, then bam, I rage and want a fight. I wish I wasn't so screwed up.

All autism has done for me is to make me learn to hate. I prefer to be alone. With that said. I would trade every dollar I've ever made and all my possessions to be normal, to have a family and have some friends. That's not happening, my fate is sealed, my only escape is death. However, I'm not ready for that.

Hi, it's great that you've got here, hopefully you can think all this through some more here, and discuss your thinking on threads with others. A lot here will understand some of what you are experiencing. I hope it's useful and supportive to be here.

:herb::hibiscus::leafwind::blossom::fourleaf::tulip::seedling:

Hi and welcome, knowing the reason why your life has been how it is, can be a mixed bag of relief and regret, hopefully here you will learn that many feel or have felt how you're feeling including myself and find this community...... accepting,helpful and a place where 'being you' is more than fine.

This is a friendly place. After l read a lot of posts here, l became way more accepting of myself and rely less on negative behaviors. Welcome.

upload_2020-8-25_21-28-56.png

New Threads

Top Bottom