• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello AspiesCentral!

Sarah127

Hello everyone,
I'm a neurotypical woman, interested in understanding what life is like from the Aspie perspective. I hope you don't mind that I've found my way to your community-I'm here to learn! :) I think that there are some valuable things that Aspies bring to the table, that neurotypicals like myself should come to recognize. I'm a Master student, studying communication, and I find it interesting how neurotypicals and Aspies talk about and try to understand each other (or not). I'd love to talk with you to get your opinions. I hope you'll share with me!

Cheers!:wavespin:

Hi, welcome to Aspies Central! We don't mind Neurotypical people at all here, the only thing is that we don't want people coming here just to superficially participate on the forum because they want to do research on AS for a homework assignment or whatever (not saying that that's what you're here for, just thought I'd mention that).

Hello, hello. yes welcome. It would be nice to get to know you. Learning from all cultures is most acceptable here. Welcome to AC! :)

Hi Sarah.

NT or Aspie, we give Aspie love to everyone, in our different sort of manner. We care, we share and we smile :)

Welcome.

Hello everyone,
Thanks for the warm welcome. I had been reading your site and was drawn to the inclusive nature of your community-people seem to be really respectful and helpful toward each other! Of course, I will be honest and tell you that I am a graduate student writing a thesis about online communities. However, my interest extends further than that. I've noticed unfair, one-sided portrayals of people with AS in the media (I do study communication!), and a whole lot of NTs speaking for Aspies. I thought I'd come and get your opinions. :) I hope that doesn't come off as some researcher sticking you under a microscope-I really just want to tell your story as you see and experience it. I hope that doesn't offend you?? :unsure:

Hey Sarah, I wish you all the best for your thesis. :D

I hope you'll have lots of insights from it. Indeed, maybe we people with ASDs can have a lot to learn from the normal, typical people.

Hello again!
Sorry I haven't been posting recently-it's midterm time at my university and I've been grading, grading, grading and studying, studying, studying. I teach public speaking (most of my poor students are terrified of making speeches!). However, I've not forgotten Aspies Central-I've been reading a lot of the posts, but haven't jumped in yet. I was wondering if any of you might be willing to do an interview with me? I really want to understand what life is like from your perspective, and to capture your stories in my research. Our interview could be over Skype (with or without a camera) or on an instant messaging service such as Gmail or Facebook chat. I'm over in California, so we'll have to play with the time difference. Here is my "official" recruitment spiel. Any idea where a better place to post it might be? Cheers! :)

Hello, I am a graduate student who is doing research on how Aspies come together and
communicate in online communities. I am looking for people who are over the age of 18
who are interested in participating in an interview with me about their experiences
participating in and/or reading this community. With your permission, the interview
would be recorded and take place via Skype or instant message. Your responses will be
confidential. If you are interested in participating in my research, you may private
message me, e-mail me at [Moderator's note: send a private message to Sarah for her email address], or post your e-mail address in
a reply and I will contact you via e-mail [We discourage posting email addresses here since they're likely to get picked up by spammers]. I am also happy to provide more information if you have questions. Thank you very much for your time, Sarah Parsloe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all,
Just wanted to express my thanks to those who have chatted with me in an interview-you have given me such valuable insight into what the process of discovering/coping with/embracing your diagnosis (or self-diagnosis) as an Aspie is like. I hope that I can tell your stories well in my research! For anyone interested in participating, I need about 10 more interviewees. Please contact me! I'd be happy to work with you to answer any questions and make it a comfortable and, hopefully, cathartic experience :). Here is my original call:

Hello, I am a graduate student who is doing research on how Aspies come together and
communicate in online communities. I am looking for people who are over the age of 18
who are interested in participating in an interview with me about their experiences
participating in and/or reading this community. With your permission, the interview
would be recorded and take place via Skype or instant message. Your responses will be
confidential. If you are interested in participating in my research, you may private
message me, e-mail me at [Moderator's note: send a private message to Sarah for her email address], or post your e-mail address in
a reply and I will contact you via e-mail [We discourage posting email addresses here since they're likely to get picked up by spammers]. I am also happy to provide more information if you have questions. Thank you very much for your time, Sarah Parsloe.

I found the survey to be pleasant and the interviewer, Sarah127, was nice and not pushy at all.

New Threads

Top Bottom