• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have you learned anything interesting today?

Hope this was interesting and not just a ramble. I do tend to infodump but hopefully that is acceptable in this thread!
Definitely interesting. It is not only acceptable but desired. Besides, there are no keepers of the thread here. We are all in this together.

I've discovered that the best detergent to use for cleaning just about anything is washing powder, the kind designed for washing clothes by hand. It's far better than regular washing up liquid for washing dishes (I don't have a dish washer).

I've discovered that the best detergent to use for cleaning just about anything is washing powder....
Also great for cleaning oil stains from concrete. Sprinkle it over the oily patch, add a little water and scrub it around with the broom a bit, then let it sit for an hour or so before giving it a final scrub and hosing it off.

Also great for cleaning oil stains from concrete. Sprinkle it over the oily patch, add a little water and scrub it around with the broom a bit, then let it sit for an hour or so before giving it a final scrub and hosing it off.
It also seems to kill bacteria and fungi. I had a nail with a fungal infection and it would not heal. I tried all sorts of things to try to get rid of it, but to no avail. Since using the washing powder it's started to grow normally again. Also, if I soak the dishes in it and then forget to come back to wash them and so leave them until the next day, it doesn't start to smell as it would with regular dish cleaning liquid.

Ice worms live in glaciers. They come to the surface late afternoons in summer. They are not seen all winter long. When they show up again in summer, they are fatter than they were at the end of the previous summer.

It also seems to kill bacteria and fungi.
PH shock. Going very quickly from an acidic environment to an alkaline one, or vice versa, is the best way to kill fungii without using dangerous poisons.

Chlorine based compounds such as bleach do no kill fungii, or some of the more dangerous bacteria such as staphylococceae. PH shock does.

And for those of you with bad foot rot, use Boracic Acid. It works for the same reason. Simply turn your socks inside out and sprinkle the insides with a little boracic acid before putting them on. A week or so of this kills the fungii in your skin as well as what's living in the shoes.

Me too lol, I’m always worried that I sound rude or irritated all the time or like I’m always angry about something

I like when I feel a certain way and then somebody posts exactly what I was thinking and feeling on here, usually in a very close timeframe.

I learned that the James Webb Space Telescope has found a lot of new galaxies recently. Someone showed me an article about it and how they are finding new information about how the first galaxies were formed. I think space is interesting because there is still so much we do not know. It’s crazy we know more about space than the ocean.

I learned that the James Webb Space Telescope has found a lot of new galaxies recently. Someone showed me an article about it and how they are finding new information about how the first galaxies were formed. I think space is interesting because there is still so much we do not know. It’s crazy we know more about space than the ocean.
Hey, @DaisyRose, you got the idea of this thread. Check this out…
1673644686243.png

With Linux Mint 21 they have made opening a Firefox browser window default to maximized only. Irritating as I seldom use any applications maximized that could eclipse my few desktop icons.

Found a nice fix for it though. Downloaded the "dConf Editor" from the Mint Repository. A small, but potent app that lets you alter all kind of desktop/GUI issues. In this instance it just instructed me to go to org/cinammon/muffin where I simply turn off "auto-maximize nearly monitor size windows".

Voila! No more windows that automatically maximize when you initiate an application. Nice. Love how one can alter the whole GUI to their heart's delight in Linux. Far more versatile than Windows.

dConf Editor.jpg

Last edited:
In several species of anglerfish, the males (which are much smaller than the female) bite into the female, and literally fuse their body with hers, becoming a permanent parasite of sorts as they develop testes to fertilize her eggs. The record of male anglerfish stuck to a single female is eight. The female sometimes shuts down her immune system to accommodate the male, who's bloodstream fuses with hers.

Attachments

• th-2132155271.jpg
    th-2132155271.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 31
I learned what gel based tactile sensors are.

The photometric stereo technique estimates the surface of an object by observing that object under different lighting conditions. This method is based on the fact that the amount of light reflected by a surface is dependent on the orientation of the surface in relation to the light source and the observer.

Discussing technology with people who don't use numbers is like discussing music with people who don't think being tone-deaf matters.

I learned that Spain has a draft law to make housework compulsory for teenagers.
Quite how they plan to enforce it I don't know.

I learned that the cold weather drained the battery on my car completely. Not electric car, regular old fashion battery. So I'm late for everything, pacing back and forth while it's charging. :neutral:
Come on Spring. Norway is done with Winter’s devilish antics.

I thought this was awesome! Scientists discover the remains of a 3,500-year-old bear in the Siberiana permafrost. It’s interesting that we get the chance to discover things such as these to learn more about the organisms that existed years ago.

Abraham Lincoln was also a licensed bartender. In 1833, the 16th president opened up a bar called Berry and Lincoln with his friend William F. Berry in New Salem, Illinois. The shop was eventually closed when Berry, a raging alcoholic, consumed most of the shop's supply.

New Threads

Top Bottom