• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have you ever heard a song for years, but hated the video?

Lemon Zing

Some old songs are great. They really do cheer you up.

But some of those MTV era promo clips were so silly, like that one Billy Squier did in his underwear.

Ever seen a ridiculous music video that had somewhat ruined a good song for you? :p

Video killed the radio star. I think it also killed A Flock Of Seagulls. Another one-hit wonder who bit the dust.

Rush's "Time Stand Still" isn't my favorite song by them, but it's fine. The video, however, is one of the worst ever made.

This is probably my favorite song of all time, and I love a lot of the video. But Robert Plant's clumsy horsemanship and childish fencing is something I can't get over. It's very cringe.

Even though I like most of the video, I usually pick a different one on YouTube because I don't want to see him comically bob around like a spring on top of that poor, patient horse, or play like a kid with a plastic lightsaber during the duel.

Last edited:
Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springsteen. Good song but the video is average at best and a bit boring to look at. The only reason people talk about it is because of Courtney Cox who is one of the worst actresses ever and probably only got cast on Friends because of this lame video. I remember VH1 did a countdown of the 100 Best Music Videos Ever Made around 2000 and this was on it yet some videos which are much better such as Madonna’s Express Yourself or Janet Jackson’s Miss You Much were excluded from the list. Miss You Much has been an influential video for its choreography and the famous chair routine that is left out for the MTV edit of the video has been imitated by Britney Spears and other performers. All Dancing the Dark has is Courtney Cox.

Video killed the radio star. I think it also killed A Flock Of Seagulls. Another one-hit wonder who bit the dust.

Actually A Flock of Seagulls isn’t really a one hit wonder in the US. They actually had three Top Ten hits with two of them including I Ran peaking at number three on the charts. You just don’t hear the other two hit songs on the radio.

Actually A Flock of Seagulls isn’t really a one hit wonder in the US. They actually had three Top Ten hits with two of them including I Ran peaking at number three on the charts. You just don’t hear the other two hit songs on the radio.
Last time I heard of the them was VH1's "Bands Reunited". Years ago...but their video really was awful.

I like the song "Torture" by The Jacksons. But the video is just weird, mean, creepy, and gross. (I also prefer the introduction on the album version of the song than the one in the video.)

New Threads

Top Bottom