• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have You Ever Had An Uncommon Diet?

What alternative dietary habits have you followed?

• Vegetarian

• Vegan

• Kosher

• Halal

• Hypoallergenic (Gluten/Dairy/Soy/Nut/etc free)

• Raw Vegan

• Carnivore

• Raw Carnivore

• Macrobiotic

• Something Else (mention it in the comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not to my knowledge, no. I used to have a speedy metabolism and an iron stomach in my youth that could more or less take anything I crammed in there. My weight has fluctuated over the years, most recently due to the pandemic and the stress that went with that (I've lost most of it now), but nothing too drastic and I'm ditching fast food altogether in favor of home cooked meals due to the current economic situation going on right now and for my own health.

Certain foods I will not touch due to taste sensitivity and me still being somewhat picky, which has nothing to do with a certain kind of diet. Being able to buy what I want, cook what I want, how I want to my liking is much better compared to limiting myself when eating out because of whatever was pumped full of crap that doesn't jive well with my tastebuds.

There isn't much that bothers me foodwise. Texture-wise, whole different ball of wax.

I love grains, dairy (cheese), raw fruit, and select vegetables (potatoes, etc). I don't mind seafood. I usually make a pound of chicken once a week incorporated with noodles and texture approved veggies of some kind. (Peas tend to be the default).

I will do heavier meat on occasion, but it is usually in the form of a really good cheeseburger or ground beef incorporated into something. (I make really good taco meat.) I'm not a big fan of unground beef cuts, but I have a soft spot for pot roast.

I like pork, if it is paired with fruit or in a sausage format. (Like beef, not something I do frequently. Smoked sausage with homemade waffles or French Toast. Or better yet, the fancy version of hotdogs and macaroni and cheese...(Kraft white cheddar shells with applewood smoked sausage cubed and browned).

A couple of things I love but cannot have unless they are incorporated into things. Eggs and peanut butter. The unadulterated lipids in those go straight to my bloodstream and trigger awful angina.

I have horrendous eating habits (the list of things I'll eat is exponentially shorter than the things I will, so people don't fuss at me about my food choices.)

Yes, I nibble throughout the day, but I also meal plan and cook at least once a week. That one cook gives me food for the next three or four days.

I do a lot of cereal, milk, cheese, and fruit. But I also admit to having a massive sweet tooth. How I eat and what I eat stems from what I know works and what I like. If it triggers my angina, I'm quick to edit it out.

I was a vegetarian for about 5 years in the 1970s. I felt great and had plenty of energy. During that time, I tried to live on a macrobiotic diet which lasted about one month before I felt too weak, shaky, and hungry to continue it. I returned to a pure vegetarian diet for a while longer. Eventually, I started eating a little fresh fish, lean chicken meat, then beef and pork.

These days, my diet is primarily plant-based but I do eat a small amount of meats and fish. I stopped eating eggs because I suspect I'm allergic to them. Breakfast has been boring ever since. I have never eaten much sugar at all. Even when I was a kid, I'd chose a piece of fruit or raw carrot sticks over a sugary treat every time. I guess I don't have a sweet tooth.

I was on drops (energy drops) and i did lose weight, but it was a fad. it wasn't made for long term. now i have lost weight by walking and eating better, drinking mainly water. but i have a lot to learn about my diet and being more strategic. i hope to start running soon when my neck is up to it.

"raw carnivore" - is that going into a forest, killing an animal with one´s bare hands and eat it how it is, like a wolf? : D I think we don´t have the carnassial tooths for that : D
i was wondering the same thing! ha....the Jurrasic World diet

I think I would like to go just about vegetarian. Considering I like animals but don't like what's done to them in factory farming, or the environmental impact, I figure on reducing my meat consumption by a lot.
Would not be opposed to buying from local farmers who raise humanely, or to raising my own animals and going hunting and fishing to supplement. Hunting humanely is much better, I think, than animals forced into short lives of suffering to be killed inhumanely.

I've been vegetarian for about four years now. When my partner and I moved into our apartment together, we had to learn a lot about food costs and budgeting, and meat is way too pricy. Rice, beans, oatmeal, and eggs have been a staple in my diet for years--they're very versatile as well.

My obsessions include chickpea sandwiches, chili, simmered sauce with beans and seasonings along with rice or noodles...also beans with eggs in the morning.

I balance eating healthy like that with eating a truckton of homemade sweets, like cake, cookies, and other delicious things.

I thought I'd miss cheese and butter, but nuts and olive oil keep me quite satisfied, and notably healthier.

I unintentionally had a keto diet for a bit without realizing that what I was eating was considered a specialized diet. Basically I tried to avoid eating carbs and sugars as much as I could and ate a lot of meat and vegetables and I ended up having a vitamin deficiency and having literally half my body get this weird numbing tingling sensation that would last a long time and cause me to shake and I had balancing issues. I had to get an MRI of my brain to see if it was neurological and nothing was found. I then started to eat some sugar and carbs and everything went back to normal. I basically eat a bit of everything in moderation and while I’m considered to be “obese” by medical standards, I really am not and a lot of my body weight is muscle. I’m just not built like a bodybuilder or pro wrestler. I know it isn’t fat because I’m not flabby at all and I can lift some pretty heavy things with both hands easily. I’ve carried 15 full sheet oven pans at my part time job before without any problems and I am far more flexible than I look. I can also touch my toes easily from a standing position and I do not get out of breath climbing up a lot of stairs or walking around for more than five minutes.

New Threads

Top Bottom