• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have you applied for the Undateables and heard back from them yet?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
I applied just before the last series ended and they've still not been in touch to see if I've got on the show yet, and this was towards the end of last year as I recall.

I don't think I'll be successful to be honest, from what I've seen the show centres on Southerners, and I live in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.

I think you applied halfway through January, as I joined the forums in early Januari and recall you posting something about filling out the application. Other than that I'm afraid I can't help you, not being from the UK.

Any chance of getting back on topic here? About The Undateables? :D

I wish you luck.

If they had such a thing in Canada, I might apply and be in the same situation as you, as they would probably not go outside of Toronto and Vancouver with the occasional token Montrealer.

I think that my husband would have a thing or two to say about that, if I applied lol

And if I were single, I would not have the courage. Too shy to be viewed by the "world".

I think that my husband would have a thing or two to say about that, if I applied lol

And if I were single, I would not have the courage. Too shy to be viewed by the "world".

The production appears to be relatively respectful of their applicants (see YouTube), although there's no guarantee of anything. I too wouldn't be comfortable risking what "the world" might think. But then the mere idea of conventional "dating" has always been out of the question for me. Too much pressure with too many social expectations. Bad combination for me.

Though still, just being on television might be one of those unforgettable experiences some folks just can't pass up. I've been in the audience of a tv show before. It was kind of exciting. I still remember watching my cousin on "The Price Is Right" back in 1977. That was fun too. I guess you just have to approach such an opportunity with eyes wide open. It may work for some and not for others.

One thing though that fascinates me with such shows is the selection process for those appearing. Which probably remains a closely guarded secret in some cases.

Last edited:
One thing though that fascinates me with such shows is the selection process for those appearing. Which probably remains a closely guarded secret in some cases.
I have a suspicion that the participants were already known to the production team prior to being selected. That might explain the southern bias which Rick has commented on, or more specifically a southern coastal bias. Could we please have a moratorium on all this footage of participants strolling along beaches?!

I had a call at the Flat yesterday morning about this and rang them back today, they asked me questions and will possibly be in touch about going to the next stage.

New Threads

Top Bottom