• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Has anyone had problems with Hermes delivery service?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

I ordered an item on eBay last week to be delivered to where I do my Digital Arts course, they've tried to deliver today and had delays according to an email I got a couple of hours ago, problem is, the package will probably now end up being taken to the local Hermes Depot in Kimberworth, Rotherham, and Dad's currently not able to drive as far as that for personal reasons.

Is there anything we can do to rearrange delivery? I knew I should've had it sent to the Flat but I have the same problem, I'm never in to take in packages unless they're small enough to go through the door.

I just contacted Hermes through their online chat service, they told me to contact the seller on eBay to arrange redelivery to my Parent's address of the item in question, I have done so but he's yet to respond.

This is the last time I use a seller on eBay that uses Hermes to deliver, they're a bloody nightmare.

Last edited:
Ordered an item on eBay last week for my digital arts course, it was dispatched towards the end of the week, seller used Hermes to deliver, why?! Anyway, the delivery has been attempted 3 times this week to the place where I do my course, unsuccessfully apparently, so it's now gone back to the Depot which is somewhere in Rotherham, England.

I contacted the seller on eBay to see if he could rearrange delivery to my Parents' as I go to my course from theirs on Mondays and Thursdays, and since this past Thursday he is still yet to acknowledge my messages! Why is it that nobody has any communications skills? I wouldn't mind but I'm the one who's Aspie and is supposed to have a feckin' communication disorder, yet at least if someone sends me an important email, I have the courtesy to actually respond.

Anyway, is there anything I can do regarding this eBay/Hermes problem? At least now I've learned NOT to buy from eBay sellers who use Hermes to deliver, because they're a complete nightmare to deal with.

"I'm never in to take in packages unless they're small enough to go through the door."

Do you mean in through a small slot in the door?
Otherwise it sounds as if you're expecting a huge item
that would require disassembly in order to use.

Does someone have to sign for the package?
Is that why someone has to be around to confirm the delivery?

"I'm never in to take in packages unless they're small enough to go through the door."

Do you mean in through a small slot in the door?
Otherwise it sounds as if you're expecting a huge item
that would require disassembly in order to use.

Does someone have to sign for the package?
Is that why someone has to be around to confirm the delivery?

No, it's just a normal door with a slot where letters and parcels go through.

If the package can't fit through the door, sometimes the Postie has the good grace to leave it with one of the folk next door, but often they take it away to the sorting Office to be collected up to 2 days later... Trouble is, apart from when they have late night opening till 7 Pm on a Wednesday, the local sorting Office in Town closes at lunch time most days.

Other than that, as far as I know no signature is required for the item in question, but because it is a slightly larger item, someone would need to be in to collect it from the delivery guy.

And the local Hermes Office is the other side of Rotherham at Wales Bar, I Googled it last week.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom