• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Has Anyone got into the Law Of attraction on here?

matt000333

I have been studying it the last few months very interesting stuff its simple yet complicated at the same time I am just curious if anyone else has seriously tried it as well?

Hey ya matt000333.

I’m betting you have more to say regarding this topic. Certainly our community may want to engage in a deeper more serious way as well. Maybe dive a bit more into what you have learned and experienced in the last couple months. Give the community more to consider and/or relate to. Kind regards.

I discovered it on Youtube and have been watching several videos different people have resonated with me over time Abraham Hicks is my fav to listen too. I am still fairly new to it so I find it hard to explain in great detail but I will give it a go. You attract what you want or expect in your life is the main premise if you believe bad things will happen to you they will. If you believe good things happen to you they will. An interesting fact I learned is your conscious is only 5% of your brain and the other 95% is Subconscious most nights I listen to Hypnosis at night and it does help me feel better the next day. My big issue with it is it feels like you are lying to yourself when you say you have alot of money and such when you don't but your subconscious doesnt know the difference its a really simple organism and it goes by what you tell it you have if you believe you do have alot of money or whatever else then you will attract more due to your subconscious driving it there you consciously are the boss and the Sub is the Driver. What I am working on right now is what I call good Selfish or Self Care cause I exhaust myself helping others and putting them first and trying to get more sleep and do things that make me feel good so I can be 100% and do better for me as well as them in the future. I do honestly belive I deserve Abundance and to be Rich and Healthy because I would help others but I also believe everyone deserves this as well now they just have to believe its possible.

When I first saw the title of this post, I thought of like attracts like.
The two are very much related.
Like repels like in the electromagnetic force of energy, but, the opposite applies to thought.
A favourite quote of mine is is you body believes every thought it hears.

It is not just the brain that thinks and has consciousness. Every cell right down to each atom
does too. What holds an atom together is the nucleus of protons and neutrons which normally repel each other, but, there is a force physicists call the strongforce which holds the nucleus together.

In order to create this strong force, protons emit particles toward other like-particles in order to attract them into, or keep them in, the nucleus of an atom. The action and result that is created by this exchange of virtual particles among like-particles is that “strong force”. The strong force would not exist without this exchange of virtual particles.

Thoughts are virtual particles. Atoms, particles, everything that exists has intelligence and memory. Attraction would not exist without thoughts, the exchange of thoughts, the exchange of virtual particles.

That’s how like attracts like – by the exchange of information, virtual particles, thoughts – on the atomic level, and on the human interaction level. And, this attraction force is 100 times stronger than the repelling force.

So even if the concious does not believe what you emit with thoughts from the sub,
it will eventually be received by your atoms and particles.

Not everyone can be wealthy. It isn't a Genie in a bottle.
The subconcious is very complicated and may block what you think you want from becoming physical.
But, there is a simple exercise you can try daily and see if things change for you.

Pick something you want to change.
Try thinking or saying out loud 25 times at least twice daily these thoughts:

I can ____ (fill in blank with what you want), I will ____ I am able to ___________.

I've used this method for many things and with many things it changed.
Example: I can drive without fear. I will drive without fear. I am able to drive without fear.
25 times repeat.
The sub and atomic levels of the body will hear even if it feels impossible to you.

When you feel a change, start the same thing with (example) I can drive without fear because
I am in charge of my body.

Yes, they are affirmations, but, your body believes every thought it hears.

Aye, while I had never heard of it with that name before, I tend to think that I've experienced it often enough that, even if I was a complete skeptic, I would be forced to admit that it is likely true. After all, if lightning strikes the same spot 5000 times in a row, and the only conceivable explanation was a theory previously considered incredibly unlikely or even downright ridiculous, well... even the most scientific of minds would have to concede to it.

In my case, I've experienced this so many times that it'd be both illogical and bloody stupid for me to try to rail against the idea. As it is, despite never having heard of the "law of attraction", the sheer number of times it's happened has led my own thought process to eventually come up with pretty much that idea on my own, because no other outcome could be found from that logic train.

As it is, it seems to often manifest from me due to sheer obsession. Incredibly obsessive desire turns into incredibly obsessive need, and that eventually becomes incredibly obsessive belief. An absolute, unshakable sureness that I *will* get what I'm after... simple as that. As a rule, it tends to then happen.

A good example is the gaming I do. I got good at fighting games in particular. Really good. Good to the point of it starting to get a bit absurd. Ever stronger and ever faster. It eventually reached the point where I could utterly demolish even the best tournament players. In most cases, it wasnt even a "fight"... it was a massacre. They had no chance.

This was driven by quite possibly the strongest obsession I've ever had. I wont explain the specific target of that obsession. But it was... is... strong. Strong enough to be a life-changing sort of thing. Yes that sounds silly in conjunction with "gaming", but just roll with it. It changed and distorted everything for me.

When it comes to the gaming aspect that it connects to though, it had a couple of very unusual effects.

As I said, I got good. To the point of being nigh-invincible. Yes I know how freaking braggy it sounds, but I dont care... it's the truth, and I was able to prove it so many freaking times. But here's the first thing that makes it bizarre: generally, for those that get seriously skilled at games like that, they dont reach it by simply facing off against many opponents. That's not enough. Just as sports players cannot master their particular sport merely by being on a team and going up against other teams at pre-determined times. Instead, training must occur. Intense training. And practice. Thousands of hours, as a rule. It never ends, really. But here's the thing: I dont train, I dont practice. Ever. Because it's not a function of that obsession (also I have a very low attention span). Yet still, that skill started to manifest. And the stronger and faster I got, the easier it was to become even more strong.

2nd weird aspect: I'm 38. According to all logic, I should have slowed down by now. In terms of aspects relating to speed, I mean. Reaction and mental processing speed. According to many, that's how it works. Thing is, I'm dramatically faster now than I was at 18. And dramatically faster than pretty much every opponent I ever met. That shouldnt be, yet it is. Being stupidly fast is pretty much THE thing I'm known for (well, that and impatience), and it hasnt lessened with age... it increased instead. And yes, I realize that most wouldnt believe any of this when I say it. Frankly I dont particularly care. It's easy enough to prove, in any case (not that I can really do so on a bloody forum).

And all of it was connected to a sheer, unshakeable SURENESS that I would achieve these things. The more they increased, the more conviction I have. And that sureness was created through absolute obsession. My subconscious certainly understands THAT, definitely.

That's just my own personal example that I think is easiest enough to describe. It's far from the only one. As I said, lightning struck like 5000 times.

There that's enough of my random rambling.

I guess the affirmations and mantras would really keep the ideas at the forefront and in focus, so working at both the conscious and unconscious levels. I certainly agree that having positive goals and pursuing them often makes them happen to some extent at least. And also being prepared to change them if it turns out not to be something I can achieve.

I enjoy hypnosis recordings too, they are calming and meditative, and some help me focus on ideas or goals. It's an interesting mystery how the subconsious works.

The New Age literature didn't cut it for me. Due to short attention span, googling and reading bite sized chunks of Hindu did convince me of the law of attraction. Paramahansa Yogananda, Swami Vivekananda.

New Threads

Top Bottom