• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Has anyone else noticed Reddit real engagement is dying?

There's a seemingly infinite number of subreddits.

Did you have one (or more) in mind?

Haven't noticed any change in the subs I generally look at.

Maybe you are saying that nobody much is responding in an area
you're particularly interested in? Not as much traffic as you'd hoped?

Who cares, really...

Unless you're concerned personally
for the one you started.

I wdn't take those *woe is me reddit is dying*
posts seriously.

Back when you posted that you were going there, whatever
it was you were trying to do there wasn't clear to me.

Promoting other people's art, apparently.

It's fairly obvious if you sort by top -> all time. If Reddit were growing continuously, <1 year posts should be dominating the all time top. But most subreddits seem to be dominated by ~3 year old posts, especially the defaults. That would seem to be a good heuristic for peak popularity.

https://www.reddit.com/r/all/top/ as an example.

I don't use Reddit, but just as a general observation, social sites seem to have a shelf life. If I was going to start something up I would try and find something in the early part of its lifecycle and have an alternative and the ability to move always in mind.

I mean did you forget the huge controversy last year over the API changes that lead to a bunch of well-established subreddits to shut down (either temporarily or permanently) and a bunch of users to migrate to Reddit alternatives?

The site is slowly dying because of their changes.

Reddit didn't really have any choice. All social media did something along these lines, shutting down free / popular APIs. AI requires an enormous amount of data to train, and that meant automated data scraping went way up.

1708004655938.png

Reddit didn't really have any choice. All social media did something along these lines, shutting down free / popular APIs. AI requires an enormous amount of data to train, and that meant automated data scraping went way up.
At the same time that's still no excuse when it meant that there was now no way to effectively moderate subreddits outside of being on desktop + the official Reddit app being absolutely terrible for accessibility reasons.

New Threads

Top Bottom