• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Has anyone been fired from a job because they follow the rules?

I hear ya on all your points.

I don't see why I should go against rules just because others do too. I know that attitude alone really bothers others though, especially if they have a tendency to be mischievous to others on purpose. They see us as a threat or a personal insult because we behave better than they do and they don't like the thought of that.

I'm impressed that you're okay working in a sale environment. That would super stress me out. I hope the new work is a lot better experience for you, with better support, now you're out if that clearly awful sales role.
Yes, thank you. It's a medical position interpreting ekg material. I secured the job through Indeed and the services of Vocational Rehab.

Thanks again to everyone.

At my last job I had just got hired into, the handbook said I could take my breaks anytime during the shift. So I did. I took them when I was at a breaking point in my work, to be the most efficient at my job. I thought that was a good thing. They liked me apparently, they gave me a 4 hour interview.

Well that wasn't what they meant. They wanted me to spend my breaks socializing and walking down the road around the block with a bunch of other people who did. It wasn't so much about the work, but about being a family with the others even off the clock. I've seen this at multiple other places I've interviewed in recent years. Sorry but what I do off the clock is my business, and I'd rather be alone playing music or whatever I feel like.

So they fired me after 9 weeks. But they did pay me for the next couple weeks so I could find another job, as they realized they weren't clear on what they wanted. So that was something.

It's been over 20 years since then, and these same people walk past my window multiple times every day like it's still 1997. Sometimes I feel like I'm in a bad version of Groundhog Day.

LOL I never paid attention to what they were wearing, but they very well could be!

I once lost a job because I was taking "unauthorised breaks" every half an hour to do stuff like visit the Gents excuse me (Toilet).

I can't help having a weak bladder.

Yes, I have been. But it wasn't for lack of trying. I just wasn't able to pick up on, and interpret, the rules very well.

I was sacked once because I told the department for work and pensions I was working somewhere part time so I wouldn't get arrested/sanctioned for lying to them. The guy I worked for doesn't (still, to my knowledge) pay the proper tax, thus I got sacked so they didn't find out about him. Everyone in my family then shouted at me like I was in the wrong. Pay your taxes, that's not my problem!!!

I was sacked once because I told the department for work and pensions I was working somewhere part time so I wouldn't get arrested/sanctioned for lying to them. The guy I worked for doesn't (still, to my knowledge) pay the proper tax, thus I got sacked so they didn't find out about him. Everyone in my family then shouted at me like I was in the wrong. Pay your taxes, that's not my problem!!!

So he sacked you rather than pay the tax man? IMO you have a VERY strong case for unfair dismissal here, I would personally be seeking legal advice with a view to literally suing the pants off the guy for that very thing, unfair dismissal.

So he sacked you rather than pay the tax man? IMO you have a VERY strong case for unfair dismissal here, I would personally be seeking legal advice with a view to literally suing the pants off the guy for that very thing, unfair dismissal.
Oh that was years ago now; could still put him out of business but I wouldn't want to do that. The people that work there accept cash in hand because it's so hard to get any jobs at all. Sad state of affairs.

Oh that was years ago now; could still put him out of business but I wouldn't want to do that. The people that work there accept cash in hand because it's so hard to get any jobs at all. Sad state of affairs.

Cash in hand to avoid having to pay tax? I personally would not touch that kind of job with a 10 foot barge pole mate, sounds extremely dodgy.

Cash in hand to avoid having to pay tax? I personally would not touch that kind of job with a 10 foot barge pole mate, sounds extremely dodgy.
Most people these days don't have the option to be picky about jobs, I'm lucky cos I live with family still.

New Threads

Top Bottom