• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Harry Potter wizards unite game

Adora

i just heard that niantic the company that did Pokémon go are going to release a harry potter game where you can walk around and cast spells and also find beasts and battle,what do you think? If you play Pokémon go would you also be playing this?

*gets reminded about thousands of people getting together in a shouting match against a more or less legendary Pokemon*

Egh... Rather not.

Expelliarmus! Seriously, probably not. The current state of society would make it too risky, at least in the US.

I would have been considered too old for Harry Potter even when I'd first heard of it and I've never been into reading fiction books. I started watching the first movie after all the hype until about half way through as I found it far too silly and it just wasn't something I could get into, instead I found myself taking the p**s out of it, but this only entertained me for so long. Harry Potter never really was supposed to be for my age group, but I could see a lot of younger people liking the books, movies and also the various video game releases based on the franchise which I also never got into. That said I love RPGs, especially JRPGs that are also mostly aimed at younger people with the usual teenagers, often still at school being the main characters and in a lot of ways these stories are just as silly, so I suppose it can often just come down to personal taste.

I did try the Pokemon Go mobile game for a very short time, but visiting real life locations didn't really appeal to me as I don't like travelling or meeting people too much and there was also found to be dangerous issues with this too. I also hate games with micro transactions even if they do try to balance them well and in definition make them non pay to win, I wish they'd bring back the days where you paid for a game and that was it with everyone having exactly the same chance to win in the same time, now far too many otherwise good games are released as "free to play" and are totally ruined with infuriatingly annoying restrictions and/or extremely long grind times that are only fixed by spending real money repeatedly on micro transactions and to play these games reasonably well you would normally need to spend a lot more than a full price game and it's often never ending, but much worse even some already paid for games are going that way which is a huge kick in the teeth. Another thing that was seriously off putting about Pokemon Go was how easy it was for people to cheat by faking their location to the mobile device (or emulator) so you could simply jump immediately to any location while still sitting at home, then there was even additional cheats to make capturing easy. Loads of people cheated and all this ruined any competitive appeal. It would be very difficult for the makers of a similar real life location based Harry Potter game to stop people faking their location and it would also suffer from exactly the same issues that Pokemon Go was criticised for when people travel, sometimes meet and visit real life locations. Because of this I'm kind of surprised they're likely to release another game similar to Pokemon Go, but despite criticism Pokemon Go still made a lot of money and sadly money often comes first, even if a few kids/people get hurt playing it or perhaps even worse (as long as they can't get too heavily sued for it). In fact if a game becomes controversial it often makes even more money.

So in summary I would be rather put off by any more video games related to Harry Potter, but especially one that included travelling to real life locations using a mobile device and since it was based on Harry Potter I wouldn't even enjoy any story elements of the game, so I'm afraid it's a definite "no" to playing this for me.

Edit:

PS: I also remember playing Pokemon Go briefly with my friend, I have to admit it was hilarious as fully grown adults to effectively act like kids and it released a lot of stress for a short while. When a couple of neighbours saw us and asked what on earth are you up to, I answered, "we're hunting Pokemon", they didn't believe me until I showed them lol.

Last edited:
I CAN'T WAIT.

I did play Pokemon Go, but I stopped because after the many recent updates, it runs atrociously in my city. My hope is that with this game, they will have learned from the issues with Pokemon Go and improved upon them.

I CAN'T WAIT.

I did play Pokemon Go, but I stopped because after the many recent updates, it runs atrociously in my city. My hope is that with this game, they will have learned from the issues with Pokemon Go and improved upon them.
Yeah hopefully they learned from the issues with Pokémon go also I wonder if you get to be sorted into a house it would be interesting to see what house you would be in especially compared to the house you are sorted in on Potter more will it be similar to Potter more or will it be different.

New Threads

Top Bottom