• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hanging Up The Lasso

Riley

On TVTropes, it was mentioned there were people who wanted The Joker retired as a TV/Movie character after Heath Ledger's performance in The Dark Knight. I thought it ridiculous at first. Though now, I have similar sentiments. But not towards the Clown Prince Of Crime. Nuh-uh!

I say we retire Wonder Woman as a TV/Movie character.

Before you start crying 'misogyny,' let me explain. The recent works featuring Hippolyta's daughter have been...Less than satisfactory. We ALL remember the 2011 pilot reviewed by Nash, Film Brian, and Linkara ("PANTS TO BE DARKENED!"). Next, we have DC Superhero Girls.
God...THAT show...*shudders*

And I have seen neither, but I assume Wonder Woman (Part of the DCEU movies) and Justice League Action are/will be terrible. This coming from someone who supports controversial flicks such as Batman v. Superman: Dawn Of Justice and Suicide Squad, as well as box office bomb Batman & Robin.

It isn't going to happen. Sure The Joker's performance in The Dark Knight set a new standard, but it doesn't mean that they shouldn't try even if other performances are not as good. It would be sitting on too much money to never use the character again or to give more performances a shot.

Wonder Woman had quite a rocky history, but to retire her now would mean they could never possibly make a better version of her. It would also mean letting go of their main superheroine and especially in today's society with a huge focus on women, it would never fly. I haven't seen that pilot episode or DC Superhero Girls to use those as frames of reference. Even if those are pretty terrible it would mean they work that much harder next time to get it right, like how Batman Begins happened after how terrible Batman & Robin was.

Speaking of Batman & Robin:
  • I ALWAYS reference the time Thurman!Ivy pulled Nora's plug. Mostly when imaging her killing the DC Superhero Girls Ivy.

New Threads

Top Bottom