• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Haemophilia

Kupu2

Anyone here have haemophilia and ASD? My youngest has severe haemophilia and suspected ASD. It makes communication difficult for him when he has to interact with medical staff. He is only 11, but I have to be present to translate their questions so my son understands what information they are asking for.

I have mild haemophilia, as a carrier of the gene. I know all too well what it is like to assume things are normal and not speak about things. It took my don veing diagnosed with haemophilia for me to even understand my bleeding patterns were abnormal.

Naturally, I don't want my son to go through this.

Sorry, but I don't think I have ever seen anyone post anything about hemophilia on AC before. At one time they thought I might have had it, but decided that my blood merely didn't clot as quickly as most. That was forty-five years ago, so medicine has improved since then; that was right after they stopped using leaches.:D

Seriously, keep the thread alive and maybe someone will drop by and see it.
Nawww, Sportster, you are a gentleman. Given the rarity of severe haemophilia, I doubt very much this thread will stay alive. I think I just wanna connect with someone who has had similar experiences. It helps legitimise my non awareness of being a mild haemophiliac and getting my son diagnosed later than most other boys.

Maybe a blog post would be more appropriate...

My spouse does, as a result of the meds he takes for a rare genetic condition. He didn't have it before the meds, but does now.
It's called hughes syndrome but before was know as anti-phospholipid syndrome, his blood platelets are too slippery but tend to clot in areas of his body.

Yeah, thanks, Mia, for the info. I never knew about it either. A kind of opposite to haemophilia. Gives me new reading material! :D

And Sportster...your secret is safe. :p

Study of the function of blood in the body is absolutely fascinating.

I don't know if I would have ever really understood or even heard of this condition had it not been for learning about from Russian history. Czar Nicholas II's only son Alexis had haemophilia.

220px-The_Russian_Tsarevich_%281904_-_1918%29_Q81540.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom