• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Had to go out of town Mon-Tues with a group of people

cha

I was nervous about it but it ended up being ok. The drive down wasn't so great but I put in my noise cancelling headphones, smoked some weed and wore dark sunglasses and just put it out of mind. Couldn't sleep. I've been playing with this one band over the past year and a half with the sole purpose of getting an album recorded and we finally got it over with. The drive back was better because I drove the whole way but started out rocky with the music selection and there was alot of blowback on me and heckling about my rules but I slowly was able to get them to 1) turn noise down 2) fade music to left 3) switched from music to the new mike epps stand up special 4) after they fell asleep during the special I successfully changed to NPR and was wide awake the rest of the trip.

I thought I was so crafty! I also felt like there was a good compromise that happened here and this was one of my more successful group outings.

Ah, the joys of traveling with your bandmates. They never learn the rules, someone has to pick the wrong music, someone has to talk too loud and, if you get all of that under control, someone will proceed to sing very badly, probably as a means of heckling you with a mock imitation. Then, get them calmed down again just in time to try and figure out why the drummer has you acoustic and is playing it far too roughly and, just broke two of your strings.

Yep, that's about a typical ride with your band. Learn to laugh and make light of it all, it will drive you insane if you don't, it never gets any better and, I've been doing it for 30 years.

Congrats on getting that album laid down, makes the trip worth it yeah?

Hopefully! I never like anything I record! I just try to do as many takes without being annoying and then leave it up to the final mix chooser! recording is so hard!

If the weed is not from a medical doctor and not in a region or state that legalizes it, I'm not particularly for (casual) use of it.

Hopefully! I never like anything I record! I just try to do as many takes without being annoying and then leave it up to the final mix chooser! recording is so hard!

You'll get used to the sound of your band in a studio the more you record. I know not the same as on stage and, at first every tiny mistakes sticks out worse than a fried amp. Don't worry about the small mistakes, we have autotune for that. Just do it like you would on stage and, let the technicians do the rest.

Performing, you have the energy back and forth with the audience and the having fun vibe form your bandmates but, recording, well that's just work. No one is having fun and there is no audience so you loose all of that vibe that happens when you perform. It's hard to make it feel alive in the studio but, that's what separates the men form the boys so to speak, the amateurs from the professionals. We can get in the studio and make it sound alive, and we don't let recording ruin our passion for the songs. Remember, something you record might be the track some fan plays when they are feeling down and, that one recoding might be what keeps the alive for another day. It might be the one thing that makes one fan smile when they get it for a gift, maybe it's the perfect set for a house party and, makes the day for a handful of fans. Somewhere, someday, what you record will make all the difference in the world to someone.

New Threads

Top Bottom