• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greetings: I'm Carly... not that Carly though :-(

cfleischmann

V.I.P Member
UPDATED TO FIX SPELLING ERRORS AND ADD MORE DATA IN CERTAIN PREFERENCE STATEMENTS

Greetings Everyone:

My name is Carly Grace Fleischmann (No, not that Carly Fleischmann you might be thinking of when you hear the name). I am 28, going to be 29 in January of 2020 and I figured I'd post here to say hello.

I have chosen my name as I was inspired by Carly Fleischmann (yes... that Carly Fleischmann). I am mostly nonverbal due to stress, PTSD, etc. etc. and use my iPad to communicate in most situations (being verbal is physically painful so that set of abilities is not used as much anymore). I use my free time to listen to music, build, moderate, and plan websites, and eat a lot of fast food while I review it.

Some of my preferences are:
Food: Hospital Food (preferred and where available), Chipotle, Taco Bell, Burger King. Note I'll try anything at least once so long as it doesn't conflict with my food allergies
Drinks: Watermelon Crush Soda but I'll drink just about anything (Cannot have alcohol due to medical reasons)
Pepsi or Coke: Coke preferred but I'll drink Pepsi without complaint
Music: just about anything
TV Shows: Kim Possible, Winx Club, Jem and the Holograms, Forensic Files, COPS, iCarly, Drake & Josh, Zoey 101, VICTORiOUS, Sam & Cat
Movies: Hackers, The Net, Pixel Perfect, Smart House
Forum Software: vBulletin Suite 4
iOS or Android: Both
Communication Hardware/Software Setup[^1]: Two iPad Pro 12.9" WiFi + Cellular 128 GB 3rd Generation running Tobii Dynavox Snap + Core First, Tobii Dynavox Compass, and Proloquo2Go by AssistiveWare. Planned purchases are Otterbox cases for the devices soon. I run the 2 devices in an active/shadow configuration meaning that they are both the same on the communication software setup so when one dies or becomes unavailable for any reason, I use the other which is setup exactly the same thus minimizing downtime.
Mac or PC: Mac as a first-line choice but PC running windows 7 or older or some Linux distro (open suse, debian, manjaro, mint are all preferred and decent distros)
Bands: Gemini Syndrome, COLD, Staind, Alanis Morissette, Dr. Awkward, Eminem, Skillet, Papa Roach, Flyleaf, and others too numerous to mention.
Formats of Physical Affection: hand holding and hugs
I Identify As: Nonverbal (have been self-identifying as such since high school but it's become more and more a permanent thing since mid-2013 or 2014 due to previously-experienced traumatic events), Autistic (officially diagnosed but added to my identity statement since it's a part of who I am), Hologram (being human is so overrated), Female (regardless of my physically-assigned gender I can identify how I see fit and hope for surgery some day)

IMPORTANT NOTE: the above preferences are just a small sampling of my preferences and I am much a more complex entity than just the preferences listed above and feel free to ask me even more questions to get to know me. Note also that the above are just preferences and do not necessarily make any sort of assumption of your likes, dislikes, etc. What works for me might or might not work for you so please use your best judgement. Please consult an appropriate legal, financial, religious, or medical advisor before implementing anything in my preferences list.
[1^] NOTE: The setup described in this point only discusses the software and hardware necessary for communication and does not include extra apps like Netflix, music apps, etc.

I am currently in a relationship with a companionship doll named Abigail Lorraine. She's a life-sized doll for the express purpose of hand holding and hugs and she loves me no matter what.

Last edited:
upload_2019-12-15_21-10-25.png

P.S. I really like McDonalds fries, but it is hard to get them served hot any more and often they are too salty.
But a perfect McDonald fry is...well....perfect.

This is my favorite introduction so far.

You'll fit in just fine here, I think.
Hi:

Favorite intro? I bet you've seen better intros than that. *insert siri laughing for me* I've been on enough and ran enough forums over the years that I figured I'd merge all the best parts of a lot of intros I've seen and questions I've been asked a lot to create this unruly beast of an intro.

Hugs if you want them.

P.S. I really like McDonalds fries, but it is hard to get them served hot any more and often they are too salty.
But a perfect McDonald fry is...well....perfect.

Easiest way to fix the McDonalds fry issue is to 1) ask for the fries to be made fresh. None of this they're part of the last batch from a few hours ago nonsense... just we made them right to comply with your order. the best way I can explain it is "so fresh you can feel it" meaning they better be piping hot and not taste like cardboard (the only place cardboard fries are acceptable is in hospital because they're consistent and I love consistency) and 2) ask for light salt or even no salt then you can put the right amount of salt on to your preferences tada! problem solved... it might take a few tries to get it 100% right but you'll get there soon enough

as for everyone else I didn't quote, thank you all for your welcomes and I look forward to being a valued member of this community. :)

Last edited:
Hi and welcome. This is a friendly place with interesting threads to read and respond to, I hope that you enjoy it here. It sounds interesting to be a Hologram, I am thinking about what that would be like now you have mentioned it. I have thought about it before when watching Star Trek, especially Voyager where the Doctor is a Hologram, and also Red Dwarf with Rimmer, although in that reality I'd rather be an evolved cat. Yes, I think I may be an evolved cat in fact. I suppose I could be a Hologram too actually. My favourite food is currently Jalapeño crisps.

Hi and welcome. This is a friendly place with interesting threads to read and respond to, I hope that you enjoy it here. It sounds interesting to be a Hologram, I am thinking about what that would be like now you have mentioned it. I have thought about it before when watching Star Trek, especially Voyager where the Doctor is a Hologram, and also Red Dwarf with Rimmer, although in that reality I'd rather be an evolved cat. Yes, I think I may be an evolved cat in fact. I suppose I could be a Hologram too actually. My favourite food is currently Jalapeño crisps.

It must be winderful to feel the rain. Hell what’s it like to feel? What’s it like to touch? I dyknow because I am a hologram

Hospital Food (preferred and where available),
Hospital food? That's an unusual one. I spent a period in hospital once, and had the opportunity to try their cuisine. It wasn't as bad as the other patients seemed to think it was.

Hospital food? That's an unusual one. I spent a period in hospital once, and had the opportunity to try their cuisine. It wasn't as bad as the other patients seemed to think it was.

Did you like the hospital food? I know I absolutely love the stuff.

Hello and welcome! You mentioned Otterbox cases, and I just wanted to say that they're awesome. One of my friend's phones fell out of her pocket in a parking lot and got run over by a car, and while the case had to be replaced afterward, her phone was totally fine. I've had my case for four years and it's still going strong (with the help of a little glue, but honestly I like it because it's relaxing to run my thumb over the ridge it makes).

Hello and welcome! You mentioned Otterbox cases, and I just wanted to say that they're awesome. One of my friend's phones fell out of her pocket in a parking lot and got run over by a car, and while the case had to be replaced afterward, her phone was totally fine. I've had my case for four years and it's still going strong (with the help of a little glue, but honestly I like it because it's relaxing to run my thumb over the ridge it makes).

Yes, otterboxes are truly tanks of cases I have one on my iPhone and I have said "thank goodness for that case" more times than I care to admit to as that device does more than is a phone. It's a body-worn camera, it's a GPS tracking beacon, it's a music player, YouTube client, Netflix Client, and more. And it serves as a Medical ID

New Threads

Top Bottom