• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Graduate Research Study

Hello Everyone!

My name is Kelly Pisapia, and I am a graduate student at Rhode Island College. I am currently working on a research study, under the guidance of Dr. Emily Cook and Dr. Paul LaCava, and am trying to recruit parents of children ages 3-17 diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) to be a part of my project.

My project is interested in examining how parents influence their child’s overall well being. Should parents chose to participate they will be asked to complete a 30 minute online survey that assesses parenting styles, severity of child’s symptoms, and quality of life of the child (e.g., how the child is adjusting). See link for study flyer:

Once completed the participant will be asked if they would be interested in entering for a chance to win up to $100 in the form of an Amazon eGiftcard. The survey is available via the link below:

QoL in ASD Survey

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me at any time.

If you know anybody else who may also find this information useful, feel free to pass on this information to them as well!

Thank you so much for your time. I truly appreciate it.

Kelly Pisapia
[email protected]

Rhode Island College

I'll answer on behalf of my mom for when I was growing up. But I'd be more interested in a study of autistic parents rather than a parent of an autistic. We do grow up and have our own families someday you know. And I'd appreciate it if you'd share your research with your participants rather than use us for your study then abandon us like most of the others do.

I'll answer on behalf of my mom for when I was growing up. But I'd be more interested in a study of autistic parents rather than a parent of an autistic. We do grow up and have our own families someday you know. And I'd appreciate it if you'd share your research with your participants rather than use us for your study then abandon us like most of the others do.

Thank you for your participation in my project, I appreciate the assistance. Also, I will be able to post a summary of my research findings once my study is complete (approximately at the end of summer).

Also, to address your research concerns. You are correct, there is an abundance of studies concerned with the children and parents of autistic children, and not nearly enough on adults living with the disorder. However, it is my understanding that as awareness and prevalence increase so does research concerning individuals on the spectrum of all ages. Hopefully in the future, I will be able to expand my research area to include autistic parents.

Thank you for your participation in my project, I appreciate the assistance. Also, I will be able to post a summary of my research findings once my study is complete (approximately at the end of summer).

Also, to address your research concerns. You are correct, there is an abundance of studies concerned with the children and parents of autistic children, and not nearly enough on adults living with the disorder. However, it is my understanding that as awareness and prevalence increase so does research concerning individuals on the spectrum of all ages. Hopefully in the future, I will be able to expand my research area to include autistic parents.
Cool beans. Look forward to seeing you around in the future. =)

New Threads

Top Bottom