• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Got hired!

I think I had a mini panic attack at work today I just felt overwhelmed and bombarded. Mostly it's been great, but just was kind of a long week and today had more filing than usual and had some computer issues too and a few hours in felt nauseous and sweaty and felt like I might pass out just was ovewhelmed sometimes I wish they let animals in work places like a dog or cat you can't imagine how calming just 5 seconds of petting a soft little animal is for me. But I kept myself together, I just tried to refocus and get through the rest of the day. It's day by day. Missed my morning dose of Xanax too so that also may be why I felt more on edge today.

There are some really nice people at work, but still trying to figure everyone out, still a bit early, but people's personalities are beginning to emerge. You learn people are definitely not what they seem at first always! One of the legal secretaries who I thought was really mean at first is actually really nice she just has a gruff exterior, and we talk a lot in the break room in passing, her dog died this week and we hugged at the elevator, she was in tears I felt so bad for her. Everyone mostly seems to like me who I interact with. The HR director's assistant is openly gay too so that puts me somewhat at ease about that more. The billing clerk is SOOO hot. I have a major crush on him lol. Not sure if he's gay or not though. He's always hanging out with the gay assistant so makes me wonder, my gaydar does go off a bit around him lol he always wears these tight pants and cowboy boots yes cowboy boots to work. I so want to at least make friends with him but I don't know how to talk to him lol. He is gorgeous. Only had a couple brief interactions with him, and I was shy and kind of stumbled over my words lol. Trying not to get too caught up in brown nosing though, because what matters is that I do my job and make a good impression on people. Being a file clerk, I'm kind of low in the hierarchy, but still try my best to put my best foot out there.

Being a file clerk, I'm kind of low in the hierarchy, but still try my best to put my best foot out there.

I worked in some pretty bad economic times in the 70s and 80s. In the insurance company I once worked for, I remember two file clerks who both had bachelor's degrees from some prestigious universities. People took whatever work they could find.

One of them went on to become a vice president in another insurance company. He put his best foot out there too. ;)

It would be great if I could advance in the firm, but not sure where I'd advance to, the only jobs there above me are paralegals which I would hate, or attorneys. I'm just doing this to pad my resume a bit, hopefully it can last awhile, the job experience is valuable. In my job I kind of feel like I am invisible, like nobody much notices me or acknowledges me, but it beats warehouse work. File clerk is not my passion in life by any means, but hopefully just having it to put down can help me.

New Threads

Top Bottom