• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

LeroyT1000

I started a new job a couple of weeks ago. On the bus home I have been noticing a nice girl so I spent my time weighing up the situation and figuring out how to get her attention on a crowded bus but also save embarrassing her or myself at the same time. Anyway, 2 days ago I wrote her a message on my phone asking her on a date and a seat came free by her so I sat down and passed her my phone to read. Thankfully she said yes and I got her number.

That evening I waited a few hours and messaged her and we exchanged messages till we were both tired and ready for sleep. She says she's really looking forward to it. We've arranged to meet up next Saturday.

The next day I messaged her about lunchtime saying hope she has a great day. She didn't message back till the evening saying thank you and she hopes my day is going well.

Today I messaged her in the afternoon just saying hello really but I've heard nothing. She's read the message but not replied.

I've never understood the etiquette for messages when dating etc I.e the frequency etc. If someone messages me I reply it's easy enough to do so why is it always like this at the start of the dating process? It's just strange because we were messaging each other loads that night then this weekend has been like a desert!

Can anyone give me advice or share experiences etc? I always get mixed signals from girls especially those I really like. Why can't things be simple!? Lol! Does anyone else get consumed by a potential partner?

i understand, i have similar issues some of the time. maybe you messaged to much and she didn't like it, but also maybe she is just busy or not up for or able to talk at the moment but is still interested and will message later.
don't be to easy, take your time and stay relaxed. hope all goes well

i understand, i have similar issues some of the time. maybe you messaged to much and she didn't like it, but also maybe she is just busy or not up for or able to talk at the moment but is still interested and will message later.
don't be to easy, take your time and stay relaxed. hope all goes well
Thanks mate yeah probably right she's busy I only messaged once yesterday and once today then if you don't message at all then they say you aren't interested and never speak to you again. It's a hard life haha!

No, I have never been in this kind of situation but maybe shes too busy to respond, maybe she might respond back when shes not busy. Thats my guess on why she didnt reply in the first place but I do hope all goes well for you Leroy.

No, I have never been in this kind of situation but maybe shes too busy to respond, maybe she might respond back when shes not busy. Thats my guess on why she didnt reply in the first place but I do hope all goes well for you Leroy.
Thanks Hazel but do you think some people purposely don't respond so they don't appear too keen? Then 6 months down the line they are like "Why haven't you messaged me!!!??" Haha!!!

Probably. Maybe they want you to respond back if your saying something Leroy. I can tell also tell you ... I think you are not alone with the 'Time spending thinking about that person you want to go out with'. I developed a obsession on my boyfriend after I knew he liked me and I liked him. I guess I wanted to know a whole lot about him if that does make sense as I barely knew a little about him at the time.

Thanks Hazel but do you think some people purposely don't respond so they don't appear too keen? Then 6 months down the line they are like "Why haven't you messaged me!!!??" Haha!!!
well that is the thing they may want you to message a lot 6 months down the line, but in the beginning before a single date they probably don't want loads of messages, you can take your time and get to know one another in person rather than over messages. again hope it goes well.

well that is the thing they may want you to message a lot 6 months down the line, but in the beginning before a single date they probably don't want loads of messages, you can take your time and get to know one another in person rather than over messages. again hope it goes well.
Yes you are right and I know that's the way it is but it still grinds my gears I'm so impatient haha!

Probably. Maybe they want you to respond back if your saying something Leroy. I can tell also tell you ... I think you are not alone with the 'Time spending thinking about that person you want to go out with'. I developed a obsession on my boyfriend after I knew he liked me and I liked him. I guess I wanted to know a whole lot about him if that does make sense as I barely knew a little about him at the time.
Thanks Hazel I just don't want the long saga again I'm getting too old for all that.....wait 3 days before calling......message too much....message too little......it's all crazy it hurts my thinking lol!

The date never happened it was meant to be today but she cancelled yesterday saying she was ill. She was off work yesterday that I know so I believe her but this whole week has consumed me. I want to meet someone who doesn't do all this slow reply to messages etc or the 'sorry I haven't got back to you I've been busy..' rubbish. If someone likes me then they will respond promptly. Messages are so quick and easy to send these days. Anyway I'm glad it's over I will leave it in her hands now.

New Threads

Top Bottom