• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Giving Up

I try to avoid negative feedback. Someone once told me I was a failure and a liability. It hurt real real deep. Then I came to a conclusion this was crap. It wasn't true. I just avoid people who will pull others apart.
There is a point. You need to give time to time because you don't yet know what your future might be. For now, let me say there are decent people out there and I have always found that to be the case. Also there are people who can really hurt you and make you feel like garbage. I have experienced that feeling of utter despair but find it passes. I hope somehow I'm helping. Don't give up and try to see beyond the here and now.

How true. We must not allow others' malicious, negative opinions of us to damage our self-esteem. Constructive criticism can be helpful, however, when we have an inflated opinion of ourselves, which is not the case here. You have to ask yourself whether what people are saying is true or not. Can these people really know you that well to comment? Is it any of their concern? Is their advice/suggestions being given in a helpful manner, or simply to hurt you?

Sometimes peoples' comments cut close to the bone because there's an element of truth to them; and it's sometimes useful to take their advice on board. However, often peoples' comments hurt simply because they're malicious - and we should pay no heed to these because there is no truth in them. So ask yourself, what is the motivation of the people who hurt you. Also ask yourself if you value these peoples' opinions of you. If these people mean nothing to you, why would you care what they think of you?

If you take on board malicious criticism, you can easily start to believe what isn't true. Associate with those who genuinely give a **** about you.:hug:

New Threads

Top Bottom