• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ghost?...... Do you believe?

That one appears to be fake.

I do not believe in ghosts. As a rational person, I do not believe in anything that there is no reason for me to believe in.

Even if I were to have an experience with a "ghost like thing" and even if it were specific and unique (e.g. My grandfather) I would be more likely to believe in it having been all in my mind than in reality.

There is a lot of evidence for lots of tricks that ones own mind plays on oneself daily, there is plenty of evidence for tricks the mind plays less often, apart from all the biases that we all fall victim to every day and various states of temporary insanity, let us also consider deja vu!

I've had one particularly intense and euphoric episode which seemed to last forever and was likely two episodes of deja vu in short succession. I felt I could tell the future in extreme detail, every animal, vehicle, rustling leaf, all of it in perfect clarity and predictability, near the end I felt almost like I didn't just know the future, but that I dictated it, that it followed my will, like I MADE things happen.

I'm not crazy, just what I experienced was not as it appeared/seemed. I've had similar euphoric clarity as if the whole world slows down on countless occasions but that is the only time I had it with deja vu.

I believe there is a lot we do not understand about the universe because there is lots of evidence for this belief. A lack of complete understanding of one thing, in no way calls for a belief in things which have no evidence for them whatsoever, nor does it justify a belief in such things.

I would never advocate belief in something extraordinary without extraordinary evidence. The absolute lack of evidence for ghosts beyond anecdotes would make a ghost something extraordinary.

For me to even bother considering what happened I would need an experience of at least this level:

A "ghost" to pass me hitherto unknown and later verifiable information.

For me to consider that what happened might actually be a ghost:

A "ghost" to communicate with myself, a rational friend, and a stranger and be recorded. The three of us to be sure that no trickery was involved beyond any reasonable doubt (ideally this should happen in a large open field and we should have access to at least 10k lumens of light for a search for equipment afterwards). We should all test negative for hallucinogens asap.

For me to actually believe:

A "ghost" to appear, be empirically measured by many observers, including my self and repeated many times. ;)

Last edited:
As I said only for an hour did I reconsider it does look fake and is probably a prank seeing as the road they are on has no lights and like you said Tom he was stoping as if to catch his breath......but don't tell me you whould not be a littile bit scared if you saw something glowing and that has no face and is walking toward you. But I whould not freak out as bad as this guy did. Also if you whant post eny abnormal things that have happened to you go for it.Like in my old house when I was maybe 3 or 4 I whould hear a chair moving on the floor when I whould go up there the chair whould be pushed out as if some one was siting in it so I whould push is back in and go back down stairs. Also I was in the house alone for only 5 mins and this happened over and over again. When my dad got home I asked him why and he said that is was my grandma having some tea seeing as she died a year after I was born.
I do not believe in Ghosts and floating souls, I have however had my life saved by a good angel. And I have tangled with evil angels etcetera from the dark side on a number of times too. They are quite scarry and really love to scare people sometimes for some reason.
The only cure is to pray for divine protection and spend more time with God. Evil Angels can not bear it when you draw close to God, his goodness burns their hearts. It is the same with people those who truly choose against God can not be friends with people truly close to God even if they try, it is like oil and water the 2 refuse to mix.

And that is a big problem, because most Aspies cannot handle change very well.:D

I reckon so. I remained in denial about my first paranormal experience for 20 years before finally admitting it happened to others.

Ok I have to share my ghost story. I also consider myself fairly skeptical of ghosts and that sort of thing because most of the time there is a more rational answer. But this one time I moved into a new apartment and the first night there I went to sleep and I was awoken by a woman saying "I can make you want to leave". I didn't see anything, and the most rational explanation is probably a dream, but I have never had a dream before or since that left me so freaked out and immediately gave me goose bumps and cold sweats. I moved out a couple days later and the landlord asked if it was because of the ghost. He had problems renting it because a girl committed suicide there and was possibly haunting the place. I didn't hear any of that until after the incident. So yeah, I think I do believe in ghosts but not 100% sure.

But what really is "proof" or "reason" ? After all, they are not absolute, or final states.

Relying on science is a form of rationality, but it's only relative to an understanding of something based on what may or may not be understood in whole or in part at a certain point in time.

Science and all its empirical observations have the potential to change. So that which is concluded as impossible or implausible today, might not be tomorrow. It's just a matter of discovery. If there are multiple planes of existence yet to be proven, it seems rather narrow to assume they must exclusively conform to the physics of this plane of existence. Pardon my logic.

Faith isn't always about religion. I have no faith in religious dogma myself...but I have a lot of faith in the possibility of change. But I also recognize that science is usually chronologically behind the curve....and not ahead of it.
Maybe the problem with allot of taught religion is a lack of imagination and insight, if you can't see the real picture of how a thing happened you wander into the swamp of mysticism. I on the other hand with my pattern seeing ability, and unusually deep science vision can see in many places where a miracle is really just advanced science, used by a powerful Ancient civilization out there in the stars.
This tends to offend both sides, but I my self see no conflict with a deeper form of science being used by Angels and God.
Why does it need to be Black Magic? to be Holy? Holyness comes from a pure unselfish heart not Magic.

Yes, even though I am not religious, there is nothing magical about them in my opinion just energetic foot prints of the once living.

I do not think that it's possible for there to be an afterlife, so I don't believe in ghosts.

The same can be said about those who proudly claim to be "sceptics", but who are in fact committed to denying everything that may upset their cosy, materialistic worldview. I have met many of these people (mainly on the internet), and as hard as I tried to get them to understand or at least consider my point of view, I just had to eventually give up, because it was pointless trying to reason with them.

Skeptic/materialist here. Often people who claim to have evidence of non-material things really don't have a good grasp on what reliable evidence is, sorry. Frequently, "evidence" they provide is incredibly weak, without experimental control, tainted by cognitive biases, or straight up contradicts physics in regimes where the physics is tightly constrained and well known. OF course, skeptics will generally admit the possibility of finding reliable evidence for the non-material tomorrow, but the likelihood of that is extremely low and that based on experience, those who claim to have such evidence really don't. No, I'm not trying to maintain some "cozy, materialistic wordview." It's just that when people claim to provide evidence for non-material stuff, it can pretty much always be reasoned away as natural causes or shown otherwise that the evidence doesn't support the conclusion.

Skeptic/materialist here. Often people who claim to have evidence of non-material things really don't have a good grasp on what reliable evidence is, sorry.

There's no need to be sorry, but perhaps you could enlighten us as to what you mean by the expression "reliable evidence" within this specific context. I happen to believe personal testimony if it is provided by someone I know and trust, but this isn't considered to be "scientific", so... an impasse is reached, or the experience that is recounted is simply dismissed out of hand.

OF course, skeptics will generally admit the possibility of finding reliable evidence for the non-material tomorrow, but the likelihood of that is extremely low and that based on experience, those who claim to have such evidence really don't.

That hasn't been my experience with "sceptics". You must be an exception to this rule then.

It's just that when people claim to provide evidence for non-material stuff, it can pretty much always be reasoned away as natural causes or shown otherwise that the evidence doesn't support the conclusion.

"Reasoned away" sounds suspiciously like "explained away" (ex. every U.F.O. sighting is either swamp gas or a weather balloon, and every person who has ever had a near-death experience was simply suffering from anoxia).

Maybe the problem with allot of taught religion is a lack of imagination and insight, if you can't see the real picture of how a thing happened you wander into the swamp of mysticism. I on the other hand with my pattern seeing ability, and unusually deep science vision can see in many places where a miracle is really just advanced science, used by a powerful Ancient civilization out there in the stars.
This tends to offend both sides, but I my self see no conflict with a deeper form of science being used by Angels and God.
Why does it need to be Black Magic? to be Holy? Holyness comes from a pure unselfish heart not Magic.
What about the Holy Ghost? Is he not a ghost? Maybe there are ghosts just good ones and bad ones and Jesus happened to be a good one. I cannot prove ghosts to be real but am pretty sure if they are most are not harmful and are actually afraid and dont want to accept that their life is extinguished and in a constant time loop recording of things. A memory of a life form not realizing its got no body and it died long ago.As for the bad ones they were bad people and retained their memories of ill intent to harm others. As for religion it is debateable whether god does or does not exist, as an athiest and from experience I will avoid that route out of respect and not making enemies believe what you want to believe and stay happy, I am done with the arguments and dont want people to make personal attacks or me getting banned simply because I dont believe and will reframe from trying to debunk such things. If I try to debunk or disprove it will make me a jerk so not going to do it. I learned my lesson from the past and people should be happy and enjoy believing what they want to. I am no longer going to be that party pooper that tells the kids that there is no Santa Clause.If it gives people hope and confidence let alone happiness let them believe as long as no hate groups are made from it its ok in my book and I am ok with merry christmas and not offended by it or trying to impose happy holidays or seasons greetings the happy holidays part to me is ok because during that time there are many holidays including christmas and new years and others in between so if you say Merry christmas to me ill say merry christmas back and be happy and not make a big deal out of it unlike other athiests. Also Halloween is not satans birthday or a satanic holiday but a celtic holiday celebrated by celtic pagans, it was later borrowed by Catholics as all Hallows eve aka the day before all saints day or holy day and the following days celebrated in Mexico as saints day but also known as the day of the dead. But Originally Halloween was Samahein an Irish holiday my Irish Ancestors have celebrated for years.
Nothing evil or satanic about it its just misunderstood.

Last edited:
They need Angelic assistance. Poor lost souls.
They are confused with no plane to rest in so cursed of not being in a heaven or hell or some other resting place and stuck confused in a limbo. Perhaps a place in transition but afraid to return to the world of the living as a means of being reborn or reincarnated and born anew as a baby, the souls must be recycled.

They are confused with no plane to rest in so cursed of not being in a heaven or hell or some other resting place and stuck confused in a limbo. Perhaps a place in transition but afraid to return to the world of the living as a means of being reborn or reincarnated and born anew as a baby, the souls must be recycled.
If they can't go to heaven neither shall I.

I wouldn't want to rest in paradise knowing others are still suffering. If no one else will rescue them, I will at least try.

Last edited:
What about the Holy Ghost? Is he not a ghost? Maybe there are ghosts just good ones and bad ones and Jesus happened to be a good one. I cannot prove ghosts to be real but am pretty sure if they are most are not harmful and are actually afraid and dont want to accept that their life is extinguished and in a constant time loop recording of things. A memory of a life form not realizing its got no body and it died long ago.As for the bad ones they were bad people and retained their memories of ill intent to harm others. As for religion it is debateable whether god does or does not exist, as an athiest and from experience I will avoid that route out of respect and not making enemies believe what you want to believe and stay happy, I am done with the arguments and dont want people to make personal attacks or me getting banned simply because I dont believe and will reframe from trying to debunk such things. If I try to debunk or disprove it will make me a jerk so not going to do it. I learned my lesson from the past and people should be happy and enjoy believing what they want to. I am no longer going to be that party pooper that tells the kids that there is no Santa Clause.If it gives people hope and confidence let alone happiness let them believe as long as no hate groups are made from it its ok in my book and I am ok with merry christmas and not offended by it or trying to impose happy holidays or seasons greetings the happy holidays part to me is ok because during that time there are many holidays including christmas and new years and others in between so if you say Merry christmas to me ill say merry christmas back and be happy and not make a big deal out of it unlike other athiests. Also Halloween is not satans birthday or a satanic holiday but a celtic holiday celebrated by celtic pagans, it was later borrowed by Catholics as all Hallows eve aka the day before all saints day or holy day and the following days celebrated in Mexico as saints day but also known as the day of the dead. But Originally Halloween was Samahein an Irish holiday my Irish Ancestors have celebrated for years.
Nothing evil or satanic about it its just misunderstood.
The Bible is quite clear that the dead sleep and know nothing like King David in his grave awaiting the return of the Messiah. It is also quite clear that anything posing as a dead person is Demonic in nature and a attempted deception.
The Holy Spirits true form is not mentioned in the Bible but seems have some similar status as the Messiah in heaven.....the Ghost reference to the Holy Spirit likely refers more too its invisible telepathic link to our minds....just as Lucifer is allowed a similar telepathic link to our minds to tempt us. I don't think the phrase Holy (Ghost), has much to do with the traditional meaning of the word Ghost.

As for floating souls I reject that concept as a pagan heresy along with the eternal burning Hell that date clear back to pagan Gods of fire in Phonecian Greek and Roman times....these ideas are not Biblically correct nor did they originate from the Bible...they are pagan Heresy brought in with Roman Cesare Constintines mass Baptisms of Pagan hoards into the church.:confused:
To put it bluntly the famous bronze statue of Saint Peter is a original ancient statue of the Roman God Jupiter dragged from a temple of Jupiter and renamed.
Do not play with ghosts or spirits, they are evil angels and very dangerous.

New Threads

Top Bottom