• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ghost?...... Do you believe?

Annett doherty

I for one do not believe in ghosts but this video made me reconsider ........for an hour but it was relly creepy and I whanted to show you guys WARNING this video is no for the faint of heart or easily scared.........you have been warned
. What did you think................

I for one do not believe in ghosts but this video made me reconsider ........for an hour but it was relly creepy and I whanted to show you guys WARNING this video is no for the faint of heart or easily scared.........you have been warned
. What did you think................
I think it's all fake.

Faith and proof have always struck me as being mutually exclusive concepts. ;)

That if you have faith in something, then you simply don't require proof.

Of course there are also some cases where neither faith or proof necessarily invalidate the existence of something. After all, in 1491 the world was flat. In 1902 powered manned flight was impossible. And so on...

Some things only require time before science is capable of validating something. Then again, perhaps some things truly exist in the universe that will always be a part of it, whether science can validate them or not at all.

Last edited:
Looks fake to me; but yes, I believe in "ghosts." I prefer to think of them as leftover energy patterns though.

Does that mean you only recognize or believe in "residual hauntings" or that you simply have not experienced an "intelligent haunting"?

Just wondering. I've experienced both. So has my cousin.

Last edited:
Does that mean you only recognize or believe in "residual hauntings" or that you simply have not experienced an "intelligent haunting"?

Just wondering.

I experienced something that was completely inexplicable. Whether it was "intelligent" or not, I could not say. I actually choose to believe (or possibly more appropriately "have faith") that these phenomena are residual.

The ghost seemed to struggle to keep up and stop to catch it's breath, like a living person. So I'm leaning towards it being a hoax.

As far a ghosts as depicted in popular legend, I don't know. I have never seen one. Nor have I heard of any scientifically proven.

But I don't rule them out in a spiritual sense.

As I said only for an hour did I reconsider it does look fake and is probably a prank seeing as the road they are on has no lights and like you said Tom he was stoping as if to catch his breath......but don't tell me you whould not be a littile bit scared if you saw something glowing and that has no face and is walking toward you. But I whould not freak out as bad as this guy did. Also if you whant post eny abnormal things that have happened to you go for it.Like in my old house when I was maybe 3 or 4 I whould hear a chair moving on the floor when I whould go up there the chair whould be pushed out as if some one was siting in it so I whould push is back in and go back down stairs. Also I was in the house alone for only 5 mins and this happened over and over again. When my dad got home I asked him why and he said that is was my grandma having some tea seeing as she died a year after I was born.

"If you have faith in something, you simply don't require proof"

I personally read that bit as: "if you have faith in something you simply don't allow proof or listen to reason". Some people are so obsessed about believing in something, they don't want to see any proof against it or fail to see any logic or common sense pointing in another direction.

People may believe whatever they want but to me ghosts and everything related is just nonsense. Don't get me started on any of the biblical aspects for I don't want to insult anyone.

Edit: quote I came across just for a laugh: "According to most ghost photos, our clothes must have a soul too, otherwise all ghosts would be photographed naked."

Last edited:
"If you have faith in something, you simply don't require proof"

I personally read that bit as: "if you have faith in something you simply don't allow proof or listen to reason". Some people are so obsessed about believing in something, they don't want to see any proof against it or fail to see any logic or common sense pointing in another direction.

But what really is "proof" or "reason" ? After all, they are not absolute, or final states.

Relying on science is a form of rationality, but it's only relative to an understanding of something based on what may or may not be understood in whole or in part at a certain point in time.

Science and all its empirical observations have the potential to change. So that which is concluded as impossible or implausible today, might not be tomorrow. It's just a matter of discovery. If there are multiple planes of existence yet to be proven, it seems rather narrow to assume they must exclusively conform to the physics of this plane of existence. Pardon my logic.

Faith isn't always about religion. I have no faith in religious dogma myself...but I have a lot of faith in the possibility of change. But I also recognize that science is usually chronologically behind the curve....and not ahead of it.

Last edited:
But what really is "proof" or "reason" ? After all, they are not absolute, or final states.

Relying on science is a form of rationality, but it's only relative to an understanding of something based on what may or may not be understood in whole or in part at a certain point in time.

Science and all its empirical observations have the potential to change. So that which is concluded as impossible or implausible today, might not be tomorrow. It's just a matter of discovery. If there are multiple planes of existence yet to be proven, it seems rather narrow to assume they must exclusively conform to the physics of this plane of existence. Pardon my logic.

I have no faith in religious dogma myself...but I have a lot of faith in the possibility of change. But I also recognize that science is usually chronologically behind the curve....and not ahead of it.

There is only one thing that is for sure, that everything will change.

I believe there are other human like beings similar to us but they are not ghosts of the dead. They may imitate the dead though. I also believe it is plausible in some cases that ghosts are a 'recording' of energy in the fabric of reality, especially in cases where it is, for example a woman who just walks some way and then disappears, and this repeats over and over. I have seen on more than one occasion what people would consider to be ghosts and I was completely mentally stable and wide awake at those times, so it wasn't a hallucination or anything.

....but don't tell me you whould not be a littile bit scared if you saw something glowing and that has no face and is walking toward you.

No, I wouldn't be a little bit scared. I would be a lot of bit scared. I used to go to scary places sometimes with friends, like graveyards, etc. It is amazing how quickly my imagination ran away, with me running right behind. Just shadows or a twig snapping could freak me out much less an actual zombie or whatever. You see, in my opinion, dead things should stay dead.

But anyway, my assumption was that the people in the car where part of the hoax. I could be wrong, but these pranks require being filmed. Therefore the car was needed.

Last edited:
Yes, I believe. Only because I have had several encounters.

My wife and I both saw a tall white figure walk across our bedroom one night. The next night I felt a hand on my head and looked up and saw the figure again. The bedroom door also slammed by itself one morning.

We live in my grandparents old farmhouse now and we have had the bed sink down like someone sat on it. The day before my wife had surgery my wife felt this and felt a hand Pat her on the leg as if it was saying she was going to be ok.

I have had a few other encounters in houses I was working in too. I think I may be haunted.

I was a member of an actual paranormal group. I never found evidence on the times I went with them, but they have plenty of EVPs from previous investigations.

I only saw three houses. One of them was a stop on the Freedom Train and another once belonged to a former veterinarian who worked with farm animals and brutally murdered his kids. He was also a hoarder. The family who owned the house had big milk crates full of the magazines he collected in his lifetime.

Some people are so obsessed about believing in something, they don't want to see any proof against it or fail to see any logic or common sense pointing in another direction.

The same can be said about those who proudly claim to be "sceptics", but who are in fact committed to denying everything that may upset their cosy, materialistic worldview. I have met many of these people (mainly on the internet), and as hard as I tried to get them to understand or at least consider my point of view, I just had to eventually give up, because it was pointless trying to reason with them.

Anyway, yes, this particular clip is obviously fake. And yes, why DO ghosts appear wearing clothes? That's something that has baffled me as well. Maybe they are just as prudish when it comes to nakedness as we are on Earth.

The same can be said about those who proudly claim to be "sceptics", but who are in fact committed to denying everything that may upset their cosy, materialistic worldview. I have met many of these people (mainly on the internet), and as hard as I tried to get them to understand or at least consider my point of view, I just had to eventually give up, because it was pointless trying to reason with them.

Anyway, yes, this particular clip is obviously fake. And yes, why DO ghosts appear wearing clothes? That's something that has baffled me as well. Maybe they are just as prudish when it comes to nakedness as we are on Earth.

Every side of any argument has its set of people who just deny to listen to any of the arguments the other side makes.

For me personally I don't believe because I have never had anything happen that I can't explain. Perhaps if I ever come across something ghostlike I might start believing it, but as long as I haven't, I really can't.
I'm not saying ghosts can't or don't exist, I don't say people who do experience them are hallucinating or anything, all I say is that I personally don't believe in them because I don't see any reason why I should at this point in time.

For me personally I don't believe because I have never had anything happen that I can't explain. Perhaps if I ever come across something ghostlike I might start believing it, but as long as I haven't, I really can't.

I agree, having "been there" for a very long time. However at times I have difficulty using the word "belief" in this instance. Things like belief and faith imply the thought that something might exist, regardless of empirical arguments to the contrary. I see nothing wrong with them either in terms of open-minded thinking. After all, I'm inclined to think that an open mind makes for better science than a closed one.

However for those of us who have had very real paranormal experiences which could neither be empirically explained or logically debunked, it is not a matter of belief- or even faith. Compounded in my own case with having sought medical evaluation to effectively rule out any kind of incredibly elaborate hallucination while fully conscious in broad daylight.

For me this is not about "belief" or "faith". For some of us, we're simply "eye-witnesses" to something that science cannot presently explain. But having such tangible experiences invariably enhances beliefs- and even faith, that there is far more to our immediate environment than science can explain. Things that basically put our understanding of physics on its ear. Where time, space, life and death have all been transcended in ways our present understanding of science cannot possibly keep up with.

Under the present circumstances it's perfectly understandable that the vast majority of society, for whatever reason is not exposed to such phenomena. So there's no reason for them to dismiss their understanding of science and all its inherent limitations. I have to chuckle at times and lament, you have to see such things for yourself before you can ever buy into them.

Of course one of my personally most fundamental questions remains, "Why me?" I never asked for two completely unsolicited experiences that profoundly changed my understanding of my own existence. Of course I should probably add that while I feel spiritually enlightened, that for myself religion plays virtually no part in any of this and never has.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom