• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Get Well Soon, by Julie Halpern

Ana54

Who here has read it?

I was HORRIFIED at the institution this book describes. They force sensory deprivation on their patients, punish people instead of trying to help them, hold their mail from them, only let them make a phone call about once a month, have a moderator in their group discussions who is mean and rude but sends the patients to the quiet room if they're mean or rude or even just joking, don't let them eat enough to satisfy their hunger, don't let them speak without permission and often ignoring them, let doctors insult a girl because of her weight, confiscate things that are not even dangerous (like a baseball card and lip gloss) yet let them eat without supervision (as in, this is illogical) and I could go on and on. The patients in the story were all involuntary, btw, and adolescents besides, stuck there for as long as their parents' insurance lasts.

o_o...
Seriously. Sometimes I think these psychiatric wards are terrible. I've read some terrible accounts and don't know whether or not to take them seriously...
EMZ=/

o_o...
Seriously. Sometimes I think these psychiatric wards are terrible. I've read some terrible accounts and don't know whether or not to take them seriously...
EMZ=/

Ah but then you look to me and I say that the one I was in was amazing.

I was in two wonderful psych wards and one appalling one (but nevertheless it had a lot of good too), and one that was truly evil. The two good ones were in Texas, the two bad ones in Canada.

New Threads

Top Bottom