• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Geometrical Raster

bbc-bananasplit

I did a series of geometrical patterns recently, which I would like to share here.

I named them "Geometrical Raster", because raster as a word sounds so unfamiliar and rare, in English at least. I like geometry a lot and the pictures that can be done using it - it's very stimmulating =) I used engineering CAD to create them (and some Photoshop). These programs are great for drawing things!

GEOMETRICAL_RASTER_N._II-C-V2 (Klein).jpg
GEOMETRICAL_RASTER_N._III-A-V2 (Klein).jpg
GEOMETRICAL_RASTER_N._X-A-V2 (Klein).jpg

GEOMETRICAL_RASTER_N._XI-B-V2 (Klein).jpg
GEOMETRICAL_RASTER_V-A-V1_klein.jpg
GEOMETRICAL_RASTER_V-B-V1(klein).jpg
GEOMETRICAL_RASTER_VI-A-V1_klein.jpg

I like these a lot :)
Do you have srt files you'd be willing to share?
I'd maybe like to use some of these in a video, with your permission.

I like these a lot :)
Do you have srt files you'd be willing to share?
I'd maybe like to use some of these in a video, with your permission.

Sure, you can use them - but what are srt files? I Have them as jpeg in small size (ca. 2 MB) or large (30-40 MB - they are dimensioned for large scale print, that's why.

Raster is pretty common in German, and in German it means mostly a grid. In Tron (the new Tron) movie "the grid" is called raster in German. I like the word, it sounds so technical =)

The first thing the word "raster" suggested to me, before I looked it up,
was.....roaster. Like roasting pan for a Thanksgiving turkey. A typo.

Since that, or 'rasher', like bacon, was entirely unlikely, I hunted up
some definitions.

The first thing the word "raster" suggested to me, before I looked it up,
was.....roaster. Like roasting pan for a Thanksgiving turkey. A typo.

Since that, or 'rasher', like bacon, was entirely unlikely, I hunted up
some definitions.

Rasta / rastafarian also comes to mind jah! ya hear. Peace, one love bedren. Praise jah.

It is a technical word- in English.

If you've ever heard of the term "bitmap" referring to computer graphics, "raster" means the same. A graphics format. Images made up from a series of pixels. (Programs like Photoshop and GIMP produce raster/bitmap graphics.)

Though not to be confused with the vector graphics format as Autistamatic mentioned with .svg files. They involve a sequence of mathematical statements that place lines, shapes and colors plotted out in a given two-dimensional or three-dimensional space. (Programs like Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator and Inkscape are all vector graphics programs.)

That's the first thing I think of with the term "raster". Frankly I seldom hear it compared to "bitmap". Those I mentioned are all graphics programs I use.

Last edited:
It is a technical word- in English.

If you've ever heard of the term "bitmap" referring to computer graphics, "raster" means the same. A graphics format. Images made up from a series of pixels. (Programs like Photoshop and GIMP produce raster/bitmap graphics.)

Though not to be confused with the vector graphics format as Autistamatic mentioned with .svg files. They involve a sequence of mathematical statements that place lines, shapes and colors plotted out in a given two-dimensional or three-dimensional space. (Programs like Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator and Inkscape are all vector graphics programs.)

That's the first thing I think of with the term "raster". Frankly I seldom hear it compared to "bitmap". Those I mentioned are all graphics programs I use.

This is how I think of it, from my line of work. Raster is a picture. Vector is something that has lines, arcs, etc. that have information associated with them and can be converted for use in a cad file. In my experience, raster to vector conversion is pretty poor.

For the OP, my favorites are 4,5,6,7. Unless there are more that haven't loaded.

This is how I think of it, from my line of work. Raster is a picture. Vector is something that has lines, arcs, etc. that have information associated with them and can be converted for use in a cad file. In my experience, raster to vector conversion is pretty poor.

For the OP, my favorites are 4,5,6,7. Unless there are more that haven't loaded.

Nope, 7 there are =)

Love them!
For me there are echoes of Islamic art, MC Escher and colour blindness test charts

New Threads

Top Bottom