• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

general feelings

elements

I think, I'm finally out of denial. I have come to terms to what i truly am, and I generally do not understand the general publics idea of normal, nor will I ever. Yet this isolating sensation does seem a bit much at times, along with appearing complete stupid. I feel utterly lost in life and cannot work anymore.
Suppose I'm just looking to feel less alone in this endeavor called life.

Hope everyone's well.

Aye, you're not alone. I dont understand society's baffling idea of "normal" either.

But that's fine. "Normal" is really, really boring. "Strange" is so much more interesting. I'll stick with that one, thanks.

I think, I'm finally out of denial. I have come to terms to what i truly am, and I generally do not understand the general publics idea of normal, nor will I ever. Yet this isolating sensation does seem a bit much at times, along with appearing complete stupid. I feel utterly lost in life and cannot work anymore.
Suppose I'm just looking to feel less alone in this endeavor called life.

Hope everyone's well.
What Misery said. If you are autistic, then you are not "normal," at least according to the majority definition of normal. On the other hand, I have met plenty of people here whom I consider normal, just like me. The amazing thing is that, while we are "normal" (at least according to us), we are also all different. Enjoy not being normal. Revel in it. Be the different person you are. I wish someone had told me this 50 years ago.

The reason you feel isolated is because you have nobody around like you. This is a problem. We are out there, but most of us are in hiding (or masking) when in the pubic eye. Pretty much for the reasons you describe. Maybe we need some sort of secret identifying device to recognize each other, maybe like a puzzle pin, scarf or necktie in puzzle fabric, etc. I hate to suggest something endorsed by Autism Speaks, but.......

Hi an welcome!
It is hard to find others like yourself in real time life, but, we're here. ;)

Hi Elements, and welcome.
I think that's why many are here. It's trying and very tiring trying to deal with the norm, and here, we don't have to. We understand each other and we understand the need for downtime, which I think is something that's hard for NT's to really understand. For instance, this past week I've had grandkids and totally exhausted. The same day that they all leave, my sister is in town and expects me to come hang out with her and she is probably feeling insulted that I didn't. And my ex is going to be in town today and wants us to meet up and no, can't do it. So I end up hurting people's feelings. Whereas, everyone here understands exactly where I'm coming from. Socializing is exhausting and others don't see it that way, so they give up on me.
So here, you don't have to be alone. I feel like I have friends here - and there's none of this years of small talk before getting to the real stuff - we can jump right in here. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom