• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Full moon effect on autistic individuals.

I agree with Sander about the logic of moon affecting fluids in a human body in some way or another. I have always thought that was the reason why people feel less stable during full moon. However, I also believe that in most, not overly sensitive people, the effect of the full moon is actually an effect of their believing in such an effect.

I agree with Sander about the logic of moon affecting fluids in a human body in some way or another. I have always thought that was the reason why people feel less stable during full moon. However, I also believe that in most, not overly sensitive people, the effect of the full moon is actually an effect of their believing in such an effect.
So you are saying that only overly sensitive people will really notice the effect of a full moon? I thought the same! Would make sense right? As some animals with a big head/brain for example cows start acting weird when it's full moon. They get restless and aggressive.

We are anywhere from 55-70-ish % water. This is on a molecular level. The moon gravity affects the tides of course (sun to a far far lesser extent), and also a woman's typical cycle follows the lunar month which is 28-ish days. Then we have animals and their behaviour and predation cycles. Marine life behaviour as well. For centuries (well, millenia) farmers used the moon's phases to guide their crop planting and harvesting cycles and other things. Farmer's Almanac was always an interesting read for me. There are many more little facts I could share, but I'm sure anyone that was interested could search (I put 3 interesting links though). I have studied the moon quite a lot here and there in my life, often as a part of astronomy or mythology or other broader interests. But I do love Luna. She's so beautiful glowing up there. And I was born the year she was landed. She has a lot of significance to me, and I've come to notice patterns in her cycles and goings-on here. As above, so below and all that. It kind of pains me a little that modern life has taken her for granted. And of course, she has no light of her own. Her light is a reflection of the sun's, and that of course is what a full moon is. She directly opposes the sun in the sky. New moon, she is in alignment.

She stabilises the earth. Quite literally. And this is all science. :)

Without the moon, we may not be able to be here. And we have definitely adapted into what we are today in no small part because of that little rock up there.

The personal observations I've made, information I've gleaned was all procured in accordance to scientific method. I may talk about some pretty outlandish things sometimes, but they have gone through an extensive internal critical analysis. I'm not one to put faith in nonsense. The thing about people acting 'lunatic' and what not, well we have free will after all. I think people might not ask the right questions. I don't look at behaviour but at how people feel. Because someone may feel a certain way or have a certain mood, but that does not mean they will act on it 100% of the time. One must also consider environmental concerns and other factors associated with various times such as a full moon. A person with a lot of stress and general emotional instability or lack of security in their life will likely feel the effects of something more than someone who is happy and secure without much at all to worry about. Or even distractions for that matter. I even forget to keep track of the moon most of the time, but then something will happen, I'll check her position, and yep, I should have known. And I notice trends and tendencies among collective groups. I am very much perceptive to patterns. Many of the people I know have seen my pattern connections for themselves. I was born on a full moon, I'm sure that's part of it too.

But, you know. It's more convenient to think of me as a lunatic. :D

If We Had No Moon - Astrobiology Magazine

The top 5 things we’d miss if we didn’t have a Moon – Starts With A Bang

How the Moon’s phases affect all life on Earth – Cameron Walker – Aeon

Last edited:
That's very cute. I got a little excited, because I get excited about space. Sorry, Lol. My sense of wonder was showing.

the moon is always full.
what light that shines upon the moon that is less than full is what makes a mind think it is not full.

Never really affected me. The full Moon does always shine through my curtains, so I can see it at night!

I too have no time for pseudoscience. It isn't harmless. It starts with pleasing though groundless assumptions and ends with chelation and giving kids bleach enemas to "cure" autism. I think we need to stick entirely to the proven. Otherwise - "What's wrong with giving kids bleach? A friend of a friend had a child cured by it!"

I too have no time for pseudoscience. It isn't harmless. It starts with pleasing though groundless assumptions and ends with chelation and giving kids bleach enemas to "cure" autism. I think we need to stick entirely to the proven. Otherwise - "What's wrong with giving kids bleach? A friend of a friend had a child cured by it!"
Such pseudoscience regarding chelation and bleach therapy for autistic people is pretty soundly rejected by almost everyone here on this forum. This thread seems perfectly harmless.

Is this thread open for more opinions?

I'm not sure how Aspie I am? I probably have multiple disorders......

However, as a human being, I notice HUGE effect from the sunlight!!!!!! Personally, I believe all people good moods could potentially be attributed from sunny days? Have you ever noticed that? I definitely must add that not all people are super sun "sensitive". but perhaps, to various degrees? maybe even, like, 0.0000001%?

The moon light would be super annoying if it was streaming in my bedroom windows. I am pretty sure that would disturb my sleep immensely!

I agree with Wintertime's science of tides and moon stages. 75% water bodies. ....... That is what I kept thinking as I read this thread! definitely a possibility? I think? probably a link, My humble opinion.

Last edited:
Is this thread open for more opinions?

I'm not sure how Aspie I am? I probably have multiple disorders......

However, as a human being, I notice HUGE effect from the sunlight!!!!!! Personally, I believe all people good moods could potentially be attributed from sunny days? Have you ever noticed that? I definitely must add that not all people are super sun "sensitive". but perhaps, to various degrees? maybe even, like, 0.0000001%?

The moon light would be super annoying if it was streaming in my bedroom windows. I am pretty sure that would disturb my sleep immensely!

I agree with Wintertime's science of tides and moon stages. 75% water bodies. ....... That is what I kept thinking as I read this thread! definitely a possibility? I think? probably a link, My humble opinion.
I too thought the sun had an effect on my mood, until I lived in the Middle East and it was sunny EVERY DAY and I hated it and was supremely bored with it. I think for me, the monotony of the weather being the same for long periods is hard, and then the usually abrupt change has a huge influence.

New Threads

Top Bottom