• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Friend that hid FB post leaving me out of conversations

jashley

I am so upset, my friend from church made a FB post about moving to my town from her neighboring town and closer to my church and where I live, and that she was looking for a roomate. I got a notification that she posted this, looked at it but later saw that the status was gone. I asked another mutual friend if she could still see the status and she said yes. And a few days earlier she had posted pretty much the same thing about wanting to move to my town only it sounded less definite. The status she posted then hid from me said she was excited to be able to move to my town and closer to my church and that she was looking for a good roomate and not just anyone. Why would she hide that status from me??
Also, I am so upset this girl who I thought was my friend hugged everyone in my church group goodbye last night except me. She just looked at me and walked past me out he door. Why would she do this?? I feel like she doesn't like me and wanted to hug everyone except me. Also, when I messaged her and a group of girls from our small group to hang outshe just said No I am busy, sorry! and immediately left the conversation.

I was sitting with my small group and the girl from my church who hid her Facebook post about moving from me showed some people her phone and was talking about a Facebook post she saw. When I asked about it, she just said I was just sharing something I saw on Facebook with them. When I asked what it was she wouldn't say and said it doesnt matter its not a big deal. I said I was just trying to be part of the conversation and she said it just didn't pertain to you and wouldn't make sense to you, and I have a different relationship with them. What is that supposed to mean? Why would she share it with them and not show me??
And also, I talked to her and apologized if I came off as being needy or making her feel scared to be herself around me for fear of hurting my feelings or offending me and making it hard to love me and said I felt like she didnt like me anymore and she said you are loved God is good, but wouldnt say whether she loved me because I was lovable and she loved me herself or if she was just trying to love me because God says to love me. When I tried to get her to say what she thinks of me and if she loved me like she did her other friends she kept turning it around to God loves you, yes I know but do you love me and do you want to be my friend. I feel like she doesnt even though she said she did because she said God is helping me love you and you have done nothing to make me love you, it is because I love God and am called by God to love you. So it feels like she is skirting around the issue and not actually saying she doesnt want to be friends with me or doesnt love me because it shouldnt matter because God does. Well I want to know what she thinks of me and whether she honestly loves me because she wants to and thinks Im likable and not out of some obligation from God.

This could have easily gone in the first thread
regarding your thoughts & feelings about the
relationship with that girl.

https://www.aspiescentral.com/threads/friend-hid-fb-post-from-me-hugged-everyone-but-me.16669/

It isn't necessary to start a new thread each
time you want to discuss...the same topic. I
think you would get more responses and
discussion if your effort were focused in one
thread about this.

It seems apparent the other person doesn't
think of you as a particular friend, more as a
'sister in God' that she loves because that is
her duty.

I have heard people at church say "Oh, I love
her, I just would never be friends with her."
It sounds like what is happening between you
and her, from her point of view.

I'm inclined to surmise that Facebook is simply toxic for many Aspies.

I don't use it, but then there's nothing to compel me to either.

I've never had a Facebook account, but from what I've heard and read, it's toxic for anyone. Like you, I don't feel compelled to use it.

If anything what I dislike the most about it is how it is perceived as some kind of social standard. As if everyone is expected to be a part of it. The hell with that. :mad:

New Threads

Top Bottom