• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Food issue and some rigid behavior problems

Tcx

Beginner.
V.I.P Member
I always eat out. There used to be 5 restaurants on my choice list, 3 were out of business last year. I won't go to the same restaurant for lunch and dinner, therefore I would respectively go both restaurants. If one of them is day-off, I would literally eat nothing.
I asked my parents. My mom told me "there are more than 100 restaurants in our neighborhood, why do you **** starve yourself!" I've tried 10 more restaurants. They couldn't be added on my regular list. I mean, their meal are fine, I have no idea why I won't be able to visit them anymore.
My father told me he has eaten out in a same restaurant ordering a same meal for 20 years.
I've visited both the restaurants on my list since I was 8, at the age of moving to my recent house.
But... it seems one of them is going to be out of business. There are too much new and clean restaurants these years, lots of old restaurants can't compete them.
This used to not be a problem before I found myself starving 3 days (both restaurants were day-off around 1 week duo to their religion or something), just drinking some water and eating a chocolate bar per day. I was blamed by my mom again.
This is illogical. Totally illogical. If this is one of the problem on the spectrum, how do you deal with it?
Question: How are you able to go to a new restaurant (or try new recipes) and how to keep going? Plus, there is a large kitchen in my house but I'm not allowed to cook.

I would seldom get food takeout for my mom and sister. The problem is that I would only use a same spoon while eating. I can't use any other type. I've tested myself if I could get used to others. The result was: I became highly anxious and then threw the spoon.
I have no idea what the heck is. Am I be cursed? LOL. I have no problem using any tableware in any restaurant yet I will become obstacle at home. I've tried to change these behaviors as I'm told that building a new habit needs 21 days. I failed and became more stubborn as I was. I curl up while eating, tending to cut the meal and mix them before eating and I'm shouted "playing food". I feel like something out of control. I wouldn't curl up myself or lie on the table outside my room before however I will do now, even outside my house. Ugh... apparently isolating feeling(not isolated) arises, I don't know how to do with it.
I've read that while aging, people become more non-flexible and unlikely to change views or habits. I wonder if my situation is similar to what I read. Well, I'm 21, pretty young and the article I remember was described for elder caring.
Being told that I think and worry too much, my friends and parents say that I shouldn't worry about these unrealistic and trivial problems.
Once I was in a family fair in a restaurant, we ordered our own meal. I assumed what I ordered was my food, mine, belonged to myself. My uncle came to my side when I hadn't pull my meal plate in front of me. He picked up my pancake by his bare hand. He knew that was mine. I was suddenly losing all of my control. I didn't scream, I stood up and threw the meal on his face(at the age of 20). I thought he polluted my food and that restaurant. I remembered my aunt screamed at me when I told her her husband polluted my food. They are both still on my blacklist.
I have highly protective tendency to my food, my specific necessaries and calm around my room, I can't endure any loud noise made from my parents and sister, I would beat my sister with baseball bat if she runs the treadmill when I'm in my room. My mom screamed and cried when I tried to hit my sister. All I thought was to expel the invader.

Question: Anyone has similar experience to the increasing of their rigid, often not well-behaviored action among any situation? How to do deal with them or change them?

I asked the second question to the asperger's group in my country and I was mocked by a social worker while there were 2 asd persons agreed with him. He told me "don't you know what the **** you are doing wrong? I don't think that you need an answer. Plus, you write too long." If it's not a problem related to asd, please ignore question 2 straightly.

Thanks for reading and replying.

I always eat out. There used to be 5 restaurants on my choice list, 3 were out of business last year. I won't go to the same restaurant for lunch and dinner, therefore I would respectively go both restaurants. If one of them is day-off, I would literally eat nothing.
I asked my parents. My mom told me "there are more than 100 restaurants in our neighborhood, why do you **** starve yourself!" I've tried 10 more restaurants. They couldn't be added on my regular list. I mean, their meal are fine, I have no idea why I won't be able to visit them anymore.
My father told me he has eaten out in a same restaurant ordering a same meal for 20 years.
I've visited both the restaurants on my list since I was 8, at the age of moving to my recent house.
But... it seems one of them is going to be out of business. There are too much new and clean restaurants these years, lots of old restaurants can't compete them.
This used to not be a problem before I found myself starving 3 days (both restaurants were day-off around 1 week duo to their religion or something), just drinking some water and eating a chocolate bar per day. I was blamed by my mom again.
This is illogical. Totally illogical. If this is one of the problem on the spectrum, how do you deal with it?
Question: How are you able to go to a new restaurant (or try new recipes) and how to keep going? Plus, there is a large kitchen in my house but I'm not allowed to cook.

I would seldom get food takeout for my mom and sister. The problem is that I would only use a same spoon while eating. I can't use any other type. I've tested myself if I could get used to others. The result was: I became highly anxious and then threw the spoon.
I have no idea what the heck is. Am I be cursed? LOL. I have no problem using any tableware in any restaurant yet I will become obstacle at home. I've tried to change these behaviors as I'm told that building a new habit needs 21 days. I failed and became more stubborn as I was. I curl up while eating, tending to cut the meal and mix them before eating and I'm shouted "playing food". I feel like something out of control. I wouldn't curl up myself or lie on the table outside my room before however I will do now, even outside my house. Ugh... apparently isolating feeling(not isolated) arises, I don't know how to do with it.
I've read that while aging, people become more non-flexible and unlikely to change views or habits. I wonder if my situation is similar to what I read. Well, I'm 21, pretty young and the article I remember was described for elder caring.
Being told that I think and worry too much, my friends and parents say that I shouldn't worry about these unrealistic and trivial problems.
Once I was in a family fair in a restaurant, we ordered our own meal. I assumed what I ordered was my food, mine, belonged to myself. My uncle came to my side when I hadn't pull my meal plate in front of me. He picked up my pancake by his bare hand. He knew that was mine. I was suddenly losing all of my control. I didn't scream, I stood up and threw the meal on his face(at the age of 20). I thought he polluted my food and that restaurant. I remembered my aunt screamed at me when I told her her husband polluted my food. They are both still on my blacklist.
I have highly protective tendency to my food, my specific necessaries and calm around my room, I can't endure any loud noise made from my parents and sister, I would beat my sister with baseball bat if she runs the treadmill when I'm in my room. My mom screamed and cried when I tried to hit my sister. All I thought was to expel the invader.

Question: Anyone has similar experience to the increasing of their rigid, often not well-behaviored action among any situation? How to do deal with them or change them?

I asked the second question to the asperger's group in my country and I was mocked by a social worker while there were 2 asd persons agreed with him. He told me "don't you know what the **** you are doing wrong? I don't think that you need an answer. Plus, you write too long." If it's not a problem related to asd, please ignore question 2 straightly.

Thanks for reading and replying.
I've learned if I try to physically harm somebody there are consequences I wouldn't like .
So I try to keep myself in check what I do is buy food that will keep like pasta salad I need to buy another fridge as it worries me that I don't Store it safely .
Or I get a sandwich at a supermarket

Maybe the problem you encountered is not with the food itself but with the atmosphere in the restaurant. I often find that I can't stand eating in a place where it's too loud/too bright/too colorful etc. If it happens, I tend to leave the meal half-way eaten. Have you tried take aways?

I've learned if I try to physically harm somebody there are consequences I wouldn't like .
So I try to keep myself in check what I do is buy food that will keep like pasta salad I need to buy another fridge as it worries me that I don't Store it safely .
Or I get a sandwich at a supermarket

I know, I do know that will cause bad situation when I'm not been enraged. This is the only reason that will make me angry.
Thanks for advice. My mom threw away those fastfood pack I bought and told me they were unhealthy, if I needed more money just asked her.

Maybe the problem you encountered is not with the food itself but with the atmosphere in the restaurant. I often find that I can't stand eating in a place where it's too loud/too bright/too colorful etc. If it happens, I tend to leave the meal half-way eaten. Have you tried take aways?

My mom told me don't bring food to home if I can have them in the restaurant then there won't be any kitchen waste. I'm used to restaurant, I would only feel a bit stressed. If it's too loud for me, I'll feel dizzy and other symptoms so it's just because he took my food.

I know, I do know that will cause bad situation when I'm not been enraged. This is the only reason that will make me angry.
Thanks for advice. My mom threw away those fastfood pack I bought and told me they were unhealthy, if I needed more money just asked her.
Show her the food you buy pasta salads a very healthy and so are sandwiches not the ones from McDonald's sandwiches that are stored in a fridge

Show her the food you buy pasta salads a very healthy and so are sandwiches not the ones from McDonald's sandwiches that are stored in a fridge
No one sells pasta salad in my city as I've googled and the sandwiches are only sold for breakfast. I can't figure out what healthy food able to be stored.

New Threads

Top Bottom