• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Focus my life back to animals

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
From analyzing my life and thinking about most people I interact with, most people don't consider my interesting. Maybe I'm being too harsh on myself, but the reality is, I never had anyone wanted to stay a friends with me. Using all this energy, I decide to put my energy back to my nature trips and animals. Nature and animals is something I was able to understand much better than humans. So no point of me going on, I have no friends, I have no gf. I have no this and that. Instead, I focus on goals that easier to archive. If I ever meet a decent person to hang out with will be a bonus. But I won't get carried away. It has been a continuous pattern of people leaving me.

So I set two goals for my life. Run a successful business so I can have a great income to do as many nature trips as I can. From there, I might do most of my work in nature as technology allows you to work almost anywhere.

I know that I am married, but believe me, I get you about people not being interested!

What really, really hurts is when I try to say something that has got me interested, I get absolute silence and think: well I guess no one cares and just want to hide away.

My goal now is to be able to drive and that, I feel will give me a bit of dignity and thus, do things a bit more on my own. I tried explaining to my husband that if I start out on my own, I can just about do the rest on my own. But if I start out with him, I simply am too scared to do things on my own. He finds this hard to grasp!

I have never been much into nature or animals, but since my husband made the decision that our bedroom is out of bounds to our 3 animals ie 2 dogs and our cat, I have come to appreciate them so much more and even a glimmer of love and for the first time, see they are nicer than most humans.

However, I do have a best girl friend and despite our huge age difference ( with which I sincerely wish, she was the older one lol), we are really, really close and chat every single day! She knows my most inner thoughts and me hers. Probably helps knowing she is an aspie too, which is only recent discovery. I was listing my issues and she was coming back with: wow I have the same things etc and so, I suggested she do the online test and whoa she came out as an aspie, which certainly explains her issues. She is still in the getting used to it, but I think I am helping her to be proud of being an aspie. We both hate injustice and so, she really is wonderful to talk to, because we get each other. It has taken me til my 40's to find this friend!

It has taken me til my 40's to find this friend!
If that's how you currently look in the picture, I feel you can past for your 30's. Anyhow, being 33 later this year, I sure you know how I don't like Nova Scotia. I'm very confused people saying people are much nicer here. I also meet many people moved here likes it here. However, for the people I meet that haves a disability is having related issues I'm having to get help with public services. I also found connecting with locals as a whole is a challenge. I find it very simple to connect with people in Toronto. At the same time, I know people from Nova Scotia can't adapt to Toronto. As the largest city in Nova Scotia, Halifax, has had 300,000, Toronto have millions. Maybe with the higher population of Toronto makes it simple to connect with people have unique interest I have. Because moving is expensive and I'm building a business, I might not be able to move until a few years from now.

I know when I got my driving license a few years ago allow me to leave my local area and do nature trips. This is the first time help me learn how beautiful Nova Scotia is and I can find something I enjoy to do.

There is another reason why is hard for me to connect with people, which I will write in a post later today. I will also insert the link in this post once it's completed.

That's good you finally found a friend. As for me, I know I need to settle how things are right now, but I'm not going to complain. My business is more than enough to keep me busy and I can't be happy until I have a stable income again. Once that's done, I figure the rest out. Thanks for your comment.

I know how you feel, Penguin. I pour most of my energy into my dog and cat, and my gratitude for my luck in being able to take care of them, so I say go for what you know is gonna make you happy in the long run!

From analyzing my life and thinking about most people I interact with, most people don't consider my interesting. Maybe I'm being too harsh on myself, but the reality is, I never had anyone wanted to stay a friends with me. Using all this energy, I decide to put my energy back to my nature trips and animals. Nature and animals is something I was able to understand much better than humans. So no point of me going on, I have no friends, I have no gf. I have no this and that. Instead, I focus on goals that easier to archive. If I ever meet a decent person to hang out with will be a bonus. But I won't get carried away. It has been a continuous pattern of people leaving me.

So I set two goals for my life. Run a successful business so I can have a great income to do as many nature trips as I can. From there, I might do most of my work in nature as technology allows you to work almost anywhere.

I get it. Im the same way. I recently decided to stop trying socially & put all my energy into my boat. I find the water & nature to be soothing. I also love the waterfowl on the Bay. So it's just me & my dog & my boat. Life is sweet now. I got tired of pretending...

New Threads

Top Bottom