• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fixations...

Hidden

Hi everyone,

I was wondering: if you have a fixation on something, like a certain object, how do you control it?

I think I have some sort of obsession with notebooks, a trait which is apparently not uncommon for aspies. I just love holding them, flipping through the pages. :p
I find it hard to control it, and I'm constantly asking to hold my friends notebook, or just fiddle with it when she's not using it. This is so weird. :(
She doesn't know I have Aspergers, and I can't tell her.

So, yeah; how do you control any fixations you have? :)

H.

:rolleyes:

And I like your signature thingie - for me second place is plain unacceptable.
I am a racer who loves competition...to compete,the win is the reward for success as in all aspects of life...nobody is ever remembered for second place :D

I really like certain types of facial expressions, usually female, and particularly hand-drawn ones, like from comics or animated shows. As an avid comic reader, I'll sometimes find myself backtracking through the issue I'm reading to look at the same expressions over and over. Also, when I was watching the whole series of "Sailor Moon" in university, I had to keep pausing to save screenshots of various expressions. I had a whole folder of them on my computer - I really liked the expressions in that show. I can't quite specify what quality about an expression "gets" me so much, but certain ones just do, especially more unusual ones (not just generic 'happy' or 'sad'). I like a lot of angry ones, and I like surprised ones a lot. And cheeky grins. :p The list goes on.

I would definitely have to say picking for me. It's kinda gross but I love picking at my nails and I do it when I get nervous. Also when my boyfriend lets me I will clean up his eye browns give him a mani pedi or clean his ears. I don't know why but I just love it but I can not do it to anyone other than him because it grosses me out!

I get fixated on the feel of skin, but only at certain moments, and I restrict it to my husband's skin. There's something very calming to me about skin-on-skin contact, and I think that's why I get fixated.

But then also I like certain types of clothing and fabrics for the same reason.

Showboat all the way! Flashy,exciting,animated and at times disturbing...I do not really care what others think about me and I am proud of who I am...a legend in my own mind...laughs :D

New Threads

Top Bottom