• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

First date nerves

ヤス三ン

Does anyone have any tips for calming first date nerves?
I am going on a first date tomorrow, the guy is travelling approximately 1hr 45 mins down to the city near where I live, he said he is looking forward to meeting me. I was already feeling a bit nervous. But then he messaged me on WhatsApp for the first time and I saw his WhatsApp photo (I had already seen his dating app photos) and became even more nervous ☺

Yes, you will have nervous excitement (I sure did) but decided to act reserved and courteous. That let me be myself . . . after all everybody else is taken. Live in the present and I hope he is a nice guy who will appreciate you.

Do deep breathing. Think about your boundaries, and have a good time. Don't give out personal info. And have someone who knows where you are going out to, and can make sure everything went fine.

The best tip I have is to remember that you're meeting a potential friend. No need to impress, no need to fake, no need to do anything different. Pretend he is a friend you are meeting after a long time and you just want to know what he has been up to.

But also be careful as @Aspychata suggested.

New Threads

Top Bottom