• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Finally been drawing somethin!

These are incredible! You're seriously just doing them on a Chromebook? I'd be stunned even if I didn't know that part!

I saw some links citing how one can install the program "Krita" on a Chromebook. If possible, that would be neat.

I have Krita on both Linux and Windows, but not for freehand drawing. But it's got so many tools for just that.

I saw some links citing how one can install the program "Krita" on a Chromebook. If possible, that would be neat.

I have Krita on both Linux and Windows, but not for freehand drawing. But it's got so many tools for just that.

Actually I was just literally looking at that! I found an app called Concepts and it seems ok and I managed to draw this...
HOMER.jpg

My favorite one is Clip Studio, although I don't know if you can get it on Chrome OS or not. It might not be of much use to someone like you with loads of raw talent, but I love being able to rely on rulers, their reference and pose tools and things like that to try to make my hand-painted stuff.

I bet whatever you're using is probably perfect though, judging by the end results!

My favorite one is Clip Studio, although I don't know if you can get it on Chrome OS or not. It might not be of much use to someone like you with loads of raw talent, but I love being able to rely on rulers, their reference and pose tools and things like that to try to make my hand-painted stuff.

I bet whatever you're using is probably perfect though, judging by the end results!
Lately there’s been some controversy going around about CSP because it moved from a one time purchase of $50 USD to a subscription based model.. if I find any more info I’ll edit this

Lately there’s been some controversy going around about CSP because it moved from a one time purchase of $50 USD to a subscription based model.. if I find any more info I’ll edit this

Uh oh, that could ruin a small portion of my life for real. They seem to have both listed but I hope they don't take it away from those who have already paid!

Edit: I found it. Yikes, everyone's going subscription-based now except for Affinity :(

Last edited:
This Concepts app also has a subscription model but you get a basic toolset for free so I think it's enough for now at least :) It is a little annoying that so many things are going down the subscription path. It won't just be apps either eventually :-(

Time to switch to Linux. Free stuff is what the internet is for!

View attachment 92891
This is definitely true! I will likely enable the Linux features on my Chromebook and check out some of the apps people have suggested. The Chromebook has 64gb of storage, which is rather more capacious than my tablets. But will get eaten up a lot more quickly I'd imagine on a Chromebook. So I ordered an SD card to extend this so when it arrives I will try out some Linux flavoured apps and see how they run :)

My palm rejection glove arrived a little while ago and seems to work great. So drawing hopefully will be a bit more natural now. I didnt need to double up on them it seems! So I have a spare too! :)

Been practicing some more. This time its the original (and best) Mildred Hubble. Its not technically finished yet. But this is what I have so far and at least its something based on the human form.

mildredv1.jpg

I could never really draw. I can in a technical sense, I can draw accurate representations of things, but I don't enjoy it and so everything I draw tends to look a bit flat and lifeless. I'm a little jealous of those of you with skill.

I could never really draw. I can in a technical sense, I can draw accurate representations of things, but I don't enjoy it and so everything I draw tends to look a bit flat and lifeless. I'm a little jealous of those of you with skill.
I haven't enjoyed drawing in years, maybe over 2 decades. I had a really bad art teacher that sucked all the joy out of it. This Chromebook seems to have brought me out of my shell a little :) Hopefully I will make up for lost time :)

Ahh! Turns out there is a native Android version of Krita! I just was trying out some Linux stuff on my Chromebook so went to the website and clicked download readdy to intall the Linux version and it sent me to the Playstore! So thats pretty cool! FYI the Linux sandbox seems pretty straightforward on the Chromebook! I just installed Retro Virtual Machine and its almost completely transparent to the user! I'm usually very much Mac centric but this Chromebook is really impressing me!

Chrome and Android are both versions of Linux, just with it's security crippled so Google can have their spyware.

Chrome and Android are both versions of Linux, just with it's security crippled so Google can have their spyware.
I should have probably remembered that from when I was doing a course on coding!

The Android version seems a bit bugged on my Chromebook, it won't go full screen, so I'm apt installing it now for Linux :)

Yep! That did the trick, and wow is it responsive! I suspect it's going to be a little tricky to get used to due to it not being a native touch screen app but I'm sure I will figure it out :)

New Threads

Top Bottom