• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Finally been drawing somethin!

MildredHubble

V.I.P Member
My girlfriend got me a nice chromebook for Christmas. So I found my stylus and tried to draw something. I'm getting used to the stylus and tablet so its not the Mona Lisa! Just something I used to draw a lot as a kid :)

canvas.png

Last edited:
Yo it’s sonic! If you have art block, we could give you some suggestions. I’d like to see an art thread from you now if that’s okay.

Yo it’s sonic! If you have art block, we could give you some suggestions. I’d like to see an art thread from you now if that’s okay.
It is! :) I'm trying to get the hang of this stylus and using it on the Chromebook. I'm just using the built in canvas app. I should try looking into some other apps :) The cool thing is I can just carry the Chromebook around with me whereas the graphics tablet I have basically requires you to be at a desk.

Maybe you know which apps would be best to use? :)

I might look into getting a new stylus as this one doesn't do palm rejection so it's a bit difficult to not rest on the screen.

But if you can think of anything I could try to draw that would be cool! :)

It is! :) I'm trying to get the hang of this stylus and using it on the Chromebook. I'm just using the built in canvas app. I should try looking into some other apps :) The cool thing is I can just carry the Chromebook around with me whereas the graphics tablet I have basically requires you to be at a desk.

Maybe you know which apps would be best to use? :)

I might look into getting a new stylus as this one doesn't do palm rejection so it's a bit difficult to not rest on the screen.

But if you can think of anything I could try to draw that would be cool! :)
I’d like to see your take on henrietta biggle from South Park. Her color palette is pretty basic btw.

send me a private message, or I can suggest on here in response to your questions.

Attachments

• 47039E24-D668-4D90-B42E-7532566C695B.jpeg
    47039E24-D668-4D90-B42E-7532566C695B.jpeg
    387.6 KB · Views: 32
  • A6131699-2615-4C5A-84EB-BF62E60DF451.jpeg
    A6131699-2615-4C5A-84EB-BF62E60DF451.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 31
  • D22B924F-3AF8-4DC8-8102-62B126893301.jpeg
    D22B924F-3AF8-4DC8-8102-62B126893301.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 34
I’d like to see your take on henrietta biggle from South Park. Her color palette is pretty basic btw.

send me a private message, or I can suggest on here in response to your questions.
Cool, I will give it a try, I will probably need a little more practice with the stylus for what I would have in mind for your design brief :)

I'm using an app called Canvas. It was preloaded on the Chromebook, it seems ok but it's a bit basic I think.

Cool, I will give it a try, I will probably need a little more practice with the stylus for what I would have in mind for your design brief :)

I'm using an app called Canvas. It was preloaded on the Chromebook, it seems ok but it's a bit basic I think.
What stylus do you use?

An art YouTuber I watch sometimes draws on a chromebook and she uses AutoDesk sketchbook.

The stylus is an Adonit Dash 3. I found it cheap a year or so ago. It's ok for the price I paid but I'm sure there's much better available out there :)

I will have a look for AutoDesk Sketchbook :)

The stylus is an Adonit Dash 3. I found it cheap a year or so ago. It's ok for the price I paid but I'm sure there's much better available out there :)

Awesome ^^

im pretty sure there is. Do you want your stylus to have the fancy stuff like palm rejection, pressure sensitivity, etc?

I use ProCreate on my iPad to draw digital art primarily, I’ve never really used AutoDesk as the layout is too different to me. When I first began I used IbisPaint because that was what I could find on the AppStore back in 2015.

I use ProCreate on my iPad to draw digital art primarily, I’ve never really used AutoDesk as the layout is too different to me. When I first began I used IbisPaint because that was what I could find on the AppStore back in 2015.
I think I tried IbisPaint back when I got the stylus but my Android tablet was a bit too under powered to use it so it was really laggy :-( But this Chromebook, even though it's not like a top of the range model, seems to cope nicely so far! :)

As for a stylus, I think anything that has palm rejection would be enough for me. Pressure sensitivity might be a "nice to have" but I think I would be just happy enough to be able to rest my palm on the screen. I have some nerve damage to my right arm which makes it difficult to hold my hand above the screen for more than a few minutes. So it's making find detail a bit of a challenge floating above the screen :)

I think I tried IbisPaint back when I got the stylus but my Android tablet was a bit too under powered to use it so it was really laggy :-( But this Chromebook, even though it's not like a top of the range model, seems to cope nicely so far! :)
noooo :( lag is the worst thing to ever happen in any art program.

lemme do some searching on Amazon.. brb

As for a stylus, I think anything that has palm rejection would be enough for me. Pressure sensitivity might be a "nice to have" but I think I would be just happy enough to be able to rest my palm on the screen. I have some nerve damage to my right arm which makes it difficult to hold my hand above the screen for more than a few minutes. So it's making find detail a bit of a challenge floating above the screen :)
I’m back! I’ve never used any styluses aside from the cheap ones you can get online (no pressure sensitivity, none of the fancy stuff, and the Apple Pencil)

My stepdad uses a basic stylus pen that is a dupe of the Apple Pencil without the pressure sensitivity.

SonarPen - Pressure Sensitive Smart Stylus Pen with Palm Rejection and Shortcut Button. Battery-Less. Compatible with Apple iPad/iPhone/Android/Switch/Chromebook (Black) https://a.co/d/dBo339S

Penoval USI Stylus Pen for Chromebook with Tail Eraser, 4096 Levels Pressure for Lenovo chromebook Duet, ASUS chromebook C436, HP chromebook X360 12b, HP chromebook X360 14b Spare Tip Included… https://a.co/d/4xC15Vy

Active Stylus Digital Pen for Touch Screens, Rechargeable 1.5mm Fine Point Stylus Smart Pencil Compatible with iPhone/iPad Pro/Mini/Air/Android and Most Tablet with Glove https://a.co/d/84m8roI

I’m back! I’ve never used any styluses aside from the cheap ones you can get online (no pressure sensitivity, none of the fancy stuff, and the Apple Pencil)

My stepdad uses a basic stylus pen that is a dupe of the Apple Pencil without the pressure sensitivity.

SonarPen - Pressure Sensitive Smart Stylus Pen with Palm Rejection and Shortcut Button. Battery-Less. Compatible with Apple iPad/iPhone/Android/Switch/Chromebook (Black) https://a.co/d/dBo339S

Penoval USI Stylus Pen for Chromebook with Tail Eraser, 4096 Levels Pressure for Lenovo chromebook Duet, ASUS chromebook C436, HP chromebook X360 12b, HP chromebook X360 14b Spare Tip Included… https://a.co/d/4xC15Vy

Active Stylus Digital Pen for Touch Screens, Rechargeable 1.5mm Fine Point Stylus Smart Pencil Compatible with iPhone/iPad Pro/Mini/Air/Android and Most Tablet with Glove https://a.co/d/84m8roI
Thanks so much! They all look pretty cool don't they!? :) I need to check something on my Chromebook as the second one looks great but I need to double check my particular Chromebook is compatible with the universal stylus protocol. So I need to do a bit of digging :) But that's looking like the winner so far! :)

Thanks so much! They all look pretty cool don't they!? :) I need to check something on my Chromebook as the second one looks great but I need to double check my particular Chromebook is compatible with the universal stylus protocol. So I need to do a bit of digging :) But that's looking like the winner so far! :)
So many styli, many Options..

So many styli, many Options..
Looks like sadly my Chromebook doesn't have the palm rejection tech built in to it :-( Not the end of the world though. I do have a palm glove, but it doesn't completely remove the palm contact issue, but, I think if I get a second one and wear two at once it should do the trick.

I tried AutoDesk Sketch but my Chromebook didn't like it. It's a bit weird as it should run well but looking about online it seems some people have run into this issue and have to find an older version, so I will download Aptoide tomorrow and try that if I can.

I downloaded ibisPaint again and remembered pretty quickly why I didn't use the free version for long lol! It's a shame as the ads are so intrusive you can't really assess how good the app is. I could see that a few years ago it got decent reviews so maybe it's the old "feature creep" problem.

But at least for now the canvas app does the job even though it's a bit basic :)

New Threads

Top Bottom